Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Desk Eagle Ornament

Hi all ,
    I hope this is posted in the right section as I was'nt sure, picked this eagle up a couple of years ago and was hoping someone could give me some info about it and is it original as I could not find another on the web.
    Regards
    Rhidian
    Attached Files

Better shot of the eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

Are there any markings on the back or base of the eagle or on the base of the marble? That wouldnt really mean anything, but would allow others possibly with the same design to further ascertain it.

In my opinion the style of this 'squatting eagle' is not what ive seen before. Most of the TR eagles would have the swastika clutched on its talons.

Comment

Could you post a better photo of the swaz?

Thanks

Jon-Olav

Comment

Hi, there are no markings on the back or the base that I can see, the swaz is the same colour as the eagle so they have always been together I believe. Will post some extra pics.
          Rhidian

Comment

Close up shot of swaz
            Attached Files

Comment

photo of the under the base
              Attached Files

Comment

For me thats are from 33-45!
                Stonebase are very old, i see never such a repro Item like this!

Comment

Originally posted by edelweiss3 View Post
                  For me thats are from 33-45!
                  Stonebase are very old, i see never such a repro Item like this!
                  In my opinion i dont like it from what i see. the stonebase can be aged.
                  most importantly i feel that the design does not somewhat correspond to known examples that i have seen in literature or in collections.

JMO, Mil

Comment

I think the eagle has a good chance of being original as I purchased it a few years ago and hav'nt seen anymore floating around which you thought you would have if it was a fake,also the base does'nt look artificially aged and the ageing acroos the entire piece looks convincing. Thats just my opinion and I may be completely wrong.
                    Thanks for all the replys
                    Regards
                    Rhidian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X