No announcement yet.

Swastica Christmas tree balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dissagree....and beg to differ....as most all german made items , and designs were very high quality . Urgency plaid a part in failed designs , although few .

I Cant say about a small issue like a few companys badges, that didnt measure up.(but...they are still around and suvived...cant be that bad.)

Some may feel diffferently, and thats natural for people to not all agree about things in a discussion (has the patriot act infected the forum also).

Maybe you need to make new rules that state german quality cannot be discussed...ever in any post, as it is not true, and does nothing for discussion......??

This dressing down is a little off the deep end dont you think?.

Others said the same in different words, speaking of poor materials used among others, so you feel they are good, or you feel they are bad?

How do you stand on these ornaments being fakes or not?

This is the quiztion about these ornaments I thought , and the germans did beautiful work in all items i have ever encountered, that's the main reason why i collect this stuff.

If we took a pole about how many thought german stuff of the period was quality or not, im sure it would be 85% for:THe germans made quality , so you lost me on what you are using the words ..bla bla bla- about, as that goes in the catagory of the words like:so-fourth, and :so-on. We all dont know all the specifics as to what you are referring , but again this Is non relative IMO???

Back to the tree balls....In our family...we have used old german christmas decorations at home ..on our tree for over 60 years that were much older,german made, and passed down thru the family..

They are all well made,round beautiful colored mirrored glazes, beautifly executed and such high quality,they have endured thru all those years , and more (and still look new)...

I dont think the flat sided ornaments like these.. were used or made in the nazi period but possibly in the post war years.

Trying to compare christmas ornaments of low quality to badges of low quality , to The PZ V tanks bursting into flames, because of some over engineering, makes me wonder what is the point , to not speaking of quality as some taboo in any discussion.(Its ambiguous)Maybe you should tell that to deitrich maerz when he uses that in an assessment of an RK?

My opinion on these ornaments in a nut shell is : they are crapola.

Hope you all have a merry christmas... if i dont get a chance to say it to all.(dont hang any fake nazi balls on your fake trees(although its your right to celebrate whatever holiday you believe in, regardless of your beliefs.

I got nazi stuff for christmas several times as a kid, and what a christmas that was.

Has anybody else ever gotten anything nazi for christmas, as a kid ??

Comment

These are not my area of collecting so I have no idea if they are real or not. I find the idea that everything made by germans was of first rate quality to be a misstatement and totally untrue. Go back to the items I quoted above. The Juncker CCCs are of lower quality than thier other awards. The Schickle RK looks like crap compared to others and all the Hymmen badges are fuggly. Every item must be evaluated on thier own merits and not some overarching sterotype like "All German made items are of superior quality." I'm sure even those supermen germans had thier version of a Walmart/Kmart quality stuff back then.

Should we takckle the myth of german invincibility next? Wait, I think we did that already.

Merry Christmas.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

The item could be real - assessing items on quality of manufacture doesn't always mean they weren't manufactured in Germany - German producers also had to cater for poorer households - here are more decorations - can anyone work out what is in the side of the box as that could give us more of a clue as to whether poorly manufactured nazi decs existed?
        Attached Files

Comment

And here are museum items - arguably not high quality manufactured pieces - but authentic Nazi items - even down to the swastika wrapping paper.
          You have an original item there - quality of manufacture isn't always a sure fire indicator in my humble opinion
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tradesecrets View Post
            The item could be real - assessing items on quality of manufacture doesn't always mean they weren't manufactured in Germany - German producers also had to cater for poorer households - here are more decorations - can anyone work out what is in the side of the box as that could give us more of a clue as to whether poorly manufactured nazi decs existed?
            The side of the box appears to say "VOLKALIT - JULSCHMUCK", which would be the company name (VOLKALIT ??), and "Julschmuck" are Christmas decorations (Yule Schmuck).

Looks like a period box to me.

As for quality - go to a dollar store or look at the crappy "patriotic" Hallmark Christmas stuff you can buy today. After all, "Kitsch" is a German word, meaning tasteless, poor quality, sentimental items.

Comment

Ich leben Kitsch

Originally posted by sjl View Post
              The side of the box appears to say "VOLKALIT - JULSCHMUCK", which would be the company name (VOLKALIT ??), and "Julschmuck" are Christmas decorations (Yule Schmuck).

Looks like a period box to me.

As for quality - go to a dollar store or look at the crappy "patriotic" Hallmark Christmas stuff you can buy today. After all, "Kitsch" is a German word, meaning tasteless, poor quality, sentimental items.

I love Kitsch.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tradesecrets View Post
                And here are museum items - arguably not high quality manufactured pieces - but authentic Nazi items - even down to the swastika wrapping paper.
                You have an original item there - quality of manufacture isn't always a sure fire indicator in my humble opinion
                Dear Trade Secrets,
                Those Museum pieces look so familiar....
                -happy Weihnacht oder Julfest
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X