Uge swaz-pin - for tower / roof-top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uge swaz-pin - for tower / roof-top?

Have posted this already in the "equipment"-section, but thought it might fit here, too:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=397783

Doesn't look original to me. I think you should donate it for the top of the xmas tree soon to be set up in rockefeller center . More and more americans I speak to in passing suprise me by saying this symbol accurately represents the current spirit of our once free republic . (would need chromed first )

Comment

Looks like it might be the top of a NS Period Maypole.
      Regards, Ed. ...
      Ed. Anderson,Jr.
      The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        Doesn't look original to me.
        Sure: Somebody, who has absolutely no interest in this stuff, wasted some of his time to create this - and then hide it in his attic...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.Anderson,Jr. View Post
          Looks like it might be the top of a NS Period Maypole.
          Regards, Ed. ...
          I agree. Look at the following link to google images:
          http://images.google.com/images?ndsp...sa=3&q=maibaum

Link to a modern picture of a Mai Fest >>

Last edited by Ernst-H; 12-02-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

interesting argument, but the top doesnt appear to have any swas, and has at least 12 seperate sections on the ring possibly 14 as there are 14 people in the dance...look on the ground at the shadow...top is a straight up piece of round stock. I believe the divided sections would keep the ribbons fron running together , and keep the twisting uniform...would you agree?
            Last edited by juoneen; 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              interesting argument, but the top doesnt appear to have any swas, and has at least 12 seperate sections on the ring possibly 14 as there are 14 people in the dance...look on the ground at the shadow...top is a straight up piece of round stock. I believe the divided sections would keep the ribbons fron running together , and keep the twisting uniform...would you agree?
              Come on, are you serious ....that picture is for illustrational purposes.....it is a modern picture, found on the internet and taken maybe just a few years ago.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X