OT-NSKK uniform set on the Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT-NSKK uniform set on the Guild

Does this OT-NSKK uniform set make sense?
    SPeer tabs, pre-war coffee can NSKK hat and SPeer shoulderstraps
    (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't this a SPeer tunic?.... listed as OT-NSKK?

All components are obviously genuine, including French made pants,
    put isn't this a mis-match?
    http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N006062.html
    Last edited by NickG; 11-28-2009, 02:27 PM.

All of the items are period original. The kepi was incorrectly added to this set at some point. The Speer group would have been wearing either a schiffen or feldmutze, not the kepi.

Comment

Comment

What do u guys think of the other NSKK tunic offered at the GUILD it ALSO has 2 standard NSKK boards not unlike the one you Nick and I discussed on the estand a mth or so ago.The boards are explained as being in the service of teh Wehrmacht hence teh 2 black farbe on the boards.could this not be the same scheme that estand tunic had?
        http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...os/N10453.html
        the other tunic we discussed is here
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=nskk+tunic

NOW here is what im seeing,both tunics retain armbands,but have 2 boards!!teh one at the guild has a blank collar tab which is good,but wehrmacht sevice should have no armband and eagle on opposite sleev right??Why teh 2 boards on these tunics??surely I doubt they both are mistakes.MAYBE the estand one that was for sale originally had no metal cyphers,then it would be an exact copy of the one at the guild!!only difference is teh button on teh board was a numeral 2 button.Neither tunic conforms yet they both have 2 black boards,could it be this was an early transition before the brassards were removed?Im guessing those cyphers on teh estand tunic were added postwar.Either way the 2 standard NSKK boards are strange.CG again claims it means wehrmacht service although teh brassard remains.
        Last edited by wewelsburg; 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I have found that there is no 3rd Reich organization that has more variations in the basic uniform than the NSKK transport units Todt and Speer. The blank right collar tab is found on the Todt tunics such as this one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Buttons on this tunic are marked "Transportgruppe Todt."
            Attached Files

Comment

example of a tunic worn by a Transport Speer NCO with a standard Heer brreast eagle worn over the right pocket. The NSKK eagle on the left sleeve is correct for uniforms worn by units serving outside of Germany.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tunic worn by a French volunteer. The shoulder straps are piped in light blue and have a volunteer shield in lieu of a sleeve eagle.
                Attached Files

Comment

volunteer shield and driver's badge
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speer officer tunic with the political form eagle worn without the NSKK banner worn on the right breast. Rank is indicated by the shoulder strap as the left collar tab is blank.
                    Attached Files

Comment

eagle
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bob Coleman; 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

In conclusion, the mantel of a NCO attached as a paymaster to Transportflotte Speer. The wear of the kampfbinde and the eagle on the right sleeve indicate that he was serving within the boundaries of Germany. Note the mantel is worn without any shoulder strap.
                        This is my little contribution to show the many variations, but not all, of insignia worn by the NSKK Todt and Speer units.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sleeve eagle
                          Attached Files

Comment

But Bob...How do you feel about the STANDARD NSKK tunic on the GUILD with 2 STANDARD boards and a blank tab??we saw the same thing on the estand 2 mths ago,both linked in my above post.

Comment

The tunic from the Collector's Guild would reflect a member Transport Todt stationed within Germany. I voiced my opinion on the tunic on the E-Stand on that thread. The insignia with standard NSKK unit markings did not make any sense. It was likely also a Todt or Speer tunic with the metal unit insignia added.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X