Bronze swastika with claws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronze swastika with claws

All....... I posted this some time ago so I thought I'd run it again to see if anyone has come up with an eagle I can use to mount on this base I aquired some time ago.. Sure would like to finish it out. Thanks for any help as always...... Myky
    Attached Files

that eagle must be a BIG one!!!!!!!!!!

Hans

Comment

bronze swastika

Yah....... eine grosse adler ! But it is out there somewhere........

Myky@ctesc.net
      Attached Files

Comment

i can imagine the adler must have been darn big!

Comment

I wonder where it once stood/hang?

Comment

bronze swastika

Well, there is no bolts to anchor it down so maybe it was used to decorate the inside of some speakers hall........ probably with others..... I'm trying to locate a woman who several years ago offered me an eagle with no feet, and at the time I passed on it because of that. Now, here's a base with the feet...... lesson learned ! If you like it, buy it...... the rest may show up later.......

myky@ctesc.net www.relicsofthereichs.com

Comment

Originally posted by myky View Post
              Well, there is no bolts to anchor it down so maybe it was used to decorate the inside of some speakers hall........ probably with others..... I'm trying to locate a woman who several years ago offered me an eagle with no feet, and at the time I passed on it because of that. Now, here's a base with the feet...... lesson learned ! If you like it, buy it...... the rest may show up later.......
              very strange. so this could perhaps mean that its meant to be a portable device or somesort?

Comment

Is it possible that the eagle could have been a luftwaffe one?

Comment

Yes, it definately is portable because there is no visable means to anchor it. I've searched the net extensively and cannot find anything like it. I've got a Luftwaffe eagle something like what I think it might look like though..... but not as big..... See it on my web site. Hopefully someone will come up with an answer....... thanks guy for the reply.

Attached Files

Comment

We all might find it somewhere in a site or a photo if we work together, and keep what you have her in the back of our minds till the day we find this example exactly. . although it may not be for years. I feel confident it will happen eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by myky View Post
                      Yes, it definately is portable because there is no visable means to anchor it. I've searched the net extensively and cannot find anything like it. I've got a Luftwaffe eagle something like what I think it might look like though..... but not as big..... See it on my web site. Hopefully someone will come up with an answer....... thanks guy for the reply.

Really nice one!! Is that one of the eagles from the Reichsluftfahrtministerium?

Comment

Rudolf..... I hope you are right.... I hope it wasn't destroyed after the war. But since it doesn't have the swastika, maybe it survived...... We can all hope. It would be nice for historical reasons that the two would be reunited again..... Many thanks !!

Myky

Comment

Rudolf,..... yes, that's exactly where it came from. You can see a short history of it on my web site, www.relicsofthereichs.com.

Myky

Comment

try combing this website, Ie: specificly berlin the link tothird reich in ruins eagles pages: there are many pages of eagles, but you will have to hunt....but i get the feeling the eagles wings are down like the one in the middle of this berlin page .......see if you can find something somewhere on the hundreds of choices you will have to check on this site.(much to view)

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/index.htm

look down the page half way or more at this eagles feet where these words are written:The large eagle-and-swastika Hoheitszeichen were by sculptor Walter Lemcke. Lemke also did the large eagle at the Prinz-Albrecht-Straße side of the building (bottom). (top and bottom from Werner Rittich, "Architektur und Bauplastik der Gegenwart," Berlin, 1938; below from "Deutsches Volk - Deutsche Heimat," Munich, 1940)

even though this one may be a statue, and not bronze...this could be a lead....i dont have time to go thru all the pages , dont give up.
                            Last edited by juoneen; 11-25-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

bronze eagle

Juoneen, mamy, many, thanks for the link ! I will go exploring !! I will let you know what I find. This is SO good ! You are THE MAN !!

myky....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X