Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Icarus armband in wear photo?

Hello all,

Anyone have the light blue Icarus armband being worn in a period photo?

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Think thats a fantasy item.

Comment

I agree with Wewelsburg. You will never find an original photo showing this armband in wear because it is a complete fantasy piece that collectors continue to purchase for big money (to include on this site) and then show in their NSFK collections as one of their highlights. It's a minefield out there when collecting 3rd Reich, especially armbands that are easy and cheap to reproduce and invent. Be very, very careful and skeptical. Chris

Comment

As well as several of the NSKK type,the SS armband with the flashes,the totenkopf,the millions of armbands with the juden star,so many fantasy armbands out there.Ask yourself if there are no historical pics on something as common as an armband should be...it probably doesnt exist in MOST cases.Don't buy into it,and dont BUY it.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
          As well as several of the NSKK type,the SS armband with the flashes,the totenkopf,the millions of armbands with the juden star,so many fantasy armbands out there.Ask yourself if there are no historical pics on something as common as an armband should be...it probably doesnt exist in MOST cases.Don't buy into it,and dont BUY it.

A valid but not necessarily always correct point of view. Although I have been collecting for over 50 years, I have never seen a photo of the SA Wehrmannschaft armband(aka SA Sports armband)in wear. It is also a very common kampfbinde

Comment

Thats why I said in MOST cases Bob.Or quite a few may be more like it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X