Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed HJ Armband

Greetings All,

I usually collect Heer cloth insignia but my passion has changed a little and I am looking for some HJ/BDM items.

I am interested in opinions on this printed armband. From what I have read on here printed armbands were forbidden but they did exsist. This armband is printed and has a white liner. It is well constructed and appears to have a number of pins pinned on it at sometime. I would love to hear your thoughts

Fred Green
    Attached Files

Backside
    Attached Files

Comment

inside on the seam
      Attached Files

Comment

The liner is interesting, I've not seen a lined one before. How does it look under UV?

Comment

Greetings Darin,

I haven't checked it under a black light . It does not look like it has been washed and is pretty stiff.

Fred

Comment

Hello Ive never been a big fan of these . But yes they did make them.The one you have shown here is a nice one. I have only seen a few of these with a liner. P.s. even if it glows that does not make it bad. Best regards.

Comment

Agreed about the glowing, it's just one inspection that can be used.

Comment

Greetings All,

I am not a big fan of printed insignia either. You must be very careful and have a very good eye. Provenance helps.
                I mentioned that it is stiff and feels like it hasn't been washed. If it glows I would assume that it had been washed. The construction is very good with consistant stitch lines.
                I have a black light some place. Maybe I can get to it today. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Remember that it can still glow and never have been washed.Best regards.
                  There are many items that have are original that glow and have never been washed.
                  Last edited by David Guist; 11-15-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

The standard construction armbands are common. Many reproduction printed HJ armbands have been made since the war. I would wait and buy an unquestionable original multi piece example.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X