X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

./.

... and a really cool poster.
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

We made them from scratch out of a luftwaffe swords!!

Comment

Close up of 1/6 cap.

Comment

Mike, is that belt buckle you posted considered NSFK? I had the chance to buy one just like it, and posted it in the buckle forum for confirmation of it's NSFK status, and got no replies. Consensus forum search seemed to lean towards NSKK. Did both organizations use that silver buckle design?

Comment

Here is a rare item. You will seldom see NSFK events this late in the period.

This is an "award medallion" for an indoor, rubber powered model airplane competition. The reverse side of the medallion says, "The Winner" in National competition for Indoor Flying Models. The signature at the very bottom belongs to Alfred Keller, a Luftwaffe Colonel General with the Pour le Merite and Knight's Cross. Alfred Keller replaced Friedrich Christiansen in 1943. When the war ended, he flew for the civilian airlines ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is a poster for a 1938 competition. The little model airplane the NSFK Mann is holding is a "Hallenflugmodelle or Saalflumodelle" These are extremely lightweight and fragile. This is why they had to be flown indoors. They were made from materials only found in Germany, probably finely cut spruce. The wings and tail feathers were covered with some type of light transparent film or tissue. It was mainly an endurance competition, powered by long rubber bands, they would attempt to pre set the surfaces to make the model slowly climb in a spiral as close to the ceiling as possible then circle around there as long as possible and as the rubber band winds down the models would slowly spiral back and were caught my their owners. These little airplanes flew so slow you could literally walk beside them as they flew..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply, really enjoyed the new photos. you're right about collecting NSFK material being a struggle. i've just missed out on 2 gliding badges + ID card, and a female forderers contribution card from Detlev niemann. bought both lots within 30 seconds of them being posted on his weekly update, but someone had beat me to it. happy hunting. kind regards Ray

Comment

Excellent thread guys,,and fantastic pics!
                      here is my press photo of some kids building these airplanes,,
                      Attached Files

Comment

Love that picture! Do you possess the original?

In post Nr. 30 the person depicted is Alfred Keller, commander of the NSFK from 1943 to 1945.

All the best ..

Mike Wipf

Comment

It says credit nat'l archives on it and is big 8.5 X 11 inches,,,

its old,,I dont know how to describe it,,as far as originality goes,,its just a big old photo,,,heres another,, I have a bunch of them,,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Those are wonderful photos!

Here's another rare item. It is a participant's medallion for another Model Airplane competition in 1938. this one is for model airplanes with fuel or gas powered engines. Probably rubber powered also. These were free flight models flown outside on calm days. Allot like the model airplanes depicted in Niblet's model airplane picture above. These were often handed out at competitions as souvenirs or keep sakes.

Mike W.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by M Wipf; 11-27-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I'm sure these were handed out at indoor model airplane competitions too..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Could you imagine some type of youth organzation today
                                equiping there members with knives like the ones in the pic??

Wow,,you would be sued in a minute!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X