No announcement yet.

The Olympia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 Berlin Olympics Officials Peaked Cap, white cloth body with golden yellow piping to the crown. Enamelled Olympics rings badge and white metal “XI” cipher. Golden cap cords and pebbled side buttons. Interior with tan leather sweatband and cloth lining. Ink stampings to the inside of the cap.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      1936 Berlin Olympics Officials Peaked Cap, white cloth body with golden yellow piping to the crown. Enamelled Olympics rings badge and white metal “XI” cipher. Golden cap cords and pebbled side buttons. Interior with tan leather sweatband and cloth lining. Ink stampings to the inside of the cap.
      Do you really think this is okay, likewise with the white Robin Hood-cap?
      No discoloring of the white at all (nor with the Roman number) even after more then 80 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        No discoloring of the white at all (nor with the Roman number) even after more then 80 years!!
        Found quite some photos with headgear worn during the Olympic Games in 1936, musicians, men attending the games in their white uniforms and also these two:
        photo one is Obvious: the man sold cards;
        photo 2: girls from the Olympia Jugend-Ehrendienst.

olympic 002.jpg

olympic 003.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
          in addition to my earlier post. Of course also boys served for the Ehrendienst.
          This is Obvious with this photo where a special triangle was worn (photo credit: C. Ulber).

Olympia003 ulber.jpg

Comment

Einzelspange.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel1933 View Post
              Hello Olympic Fans.. does anyone know if this pin is a fantasy item or a known good item?

Thank you,
              Scott

I believe this is the German Equestrian Olympic fund raiser badge for the 1952 Olympics rather than 1936 but it's often attributed to 1936, there was a badge issued in '36 but it is different from this. They raised funds to support the Equestrian team at several Olympics. I only found this out by researching it a bit because I was tempted to buy one myself.

Comment

Here is an item from my collection.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bek View Post
                  Here is an item from my collection.
                  Hi Bek, does your Olympic Participation Medal case have any markings on the outside? Very unique case. I’ve never seen one like this before.

Comment

rare box

hello
                    for my opinion the box is not for this medal! the round for the medal is more big!
                    best regards
                    patrick

Comment

Originally posted by tranchant View Post
                      hello
                      for my opinion the box is not for this medal! the round for the medal is more big!
                      best regards
                      patrick
                      Thanks Patrick, I very well think you’re correct as I have only seen these issued within a red, circular, cardboard case.

Comment

Hello!!! Простите за долгое молчание. Я редко захожу в этот раздел. Я купил у Ниманна. Подскажите, какая медаль должна быть в такой коробке? Выемка в коробке точно под медаль, без зазоров. Буду признателен.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bek; 09-04-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

There are no good measuring instruments nearby, just an old ruler.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pin
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X