NSDAP rank identification needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP rank identification needed

Me again! Can someone tell me the rank on this gent? THANKS!

Tabs indicate the rank as "Haupt-Gemeinschaftsleiter(Head Community Leader) white piping at Kreis level.
    The armband is for a Kreisleiter.
    Horst

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

This pay grade rank of Hauptgemeinschaftsleiter was not possible for a Kreisleiter.
        The Kreisleiter could only be a Dienstleiter, Hauptbereichsleiter, Oberbereichsleiter, Bereichsleiter, or Hauptabschnittsleiter.
        Many times the tunics were stripped of the armband, or the tabs, or both, since they could easily be carried and sent home. So dealers or collectors “restore” them with incorrect insignia. This tunic seems to have been put together post war since this combination could not have existed during the period.
        https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Jeff,
          Thanks for the comment. I'm going to assume your pretty knowledgable about this noting your 'bonifides'! By put togather I assume you mean the armband added? It is very neatly done but I think I need to offer them seperatly. Appreciate it!

Comment

The armband or the tabs...if the armband is tacked on rather than sewn around, I would lean towards the armband. Period armbands were tacked on but most higher ranks seemed to be sewn all around.

Comment

Well, if either it's the armyband. The armband is tacked on in cotton thread that matches the color and use of the tunic but it is hand sewn. The collar tabs are machine sewn, no question period applied.

Comment

I thought most political tabs were handsewn.

Comment

I also would have doubts as to the originality of the tabs being machine sewn and not hand sewn. Sell the tunic with the kampfbinde intact and sell the collar tabs seperately. Machine sewing is reflected in issue mass produced military clothing.

Comment

The bottom line is that the Kreisleiter could only hold the top 5 ranks at the Kreis level per the ROL regulations. This information is also in the Org books volumes 6 and 7.
                    With regards to it unquestionably being period applied, there are still people out there that can duplicate the workmanship of period, so not sure how you can say anything was period applied when 99% of the people in the hobby can’t tell?

Comment

Agree with Jeff relative to the tabs verses armband , not according to regulation on the tunic for Kreis level .As to machine or handsewn, that can go either way relative to the Tabs.

Horst

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                        I also would have doubts as to the originality of the tabs being machine sewn and not hand sewn. Sell the tunic with the kampfbinde intact and sell the collar tabs seperately. Machine sewing is reflected in issue mass produced military clothing.
                        I meant to write "period sewn" not hand sewn, image below.
                        Lots of interesting thoughts bouncing on this thread. Glad I posted it. Seems no doubt there is a problem with the tabs/armband matching. I guess how I strip it is a question of "beauty is in the beholder". Regards the moderators comment; I do feel that a close inspection of insignia on a uniform can make one as certain as is possible without standing next to the frau with the needle that it's period done. That said, I'm comfortable the tabs are period but the armband could be re-applied. It's offered on estand with or without the armband and I refer interested folks to this thread.
                        (that said, once something gets slammed it ain't got no chance of selling )
                        Last edited by wartimecollectables; 10-31-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X