Hitler Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Bust

Would this be considered an original period bust? It stands 9 3/4 inches tall and hollow bronze.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

IMO no--the finish appears more modern than period pieces, the likeness is weak, eyes look somewhat oriental, ears vulcan-like. I would say it's a new piece.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich
            Glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Anyone else concur?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken B. View Post
              Thanks Erich
              Glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Anyone else concur?

I do, apart from the details mentioned above, the "full neck fix" to the base is not typical of the way original A.H. bust where mounted/presented in their bases. Also the dark shadow "paint?" in the head hair and mustache is a big NO,NO for me.

Even the small and quite common small busts of A.H. available in the market right know are very detailed in looks and finish and the base is usually marble or fine granite in some cases.

In my humble opinion I will give this one a BIG...NO THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Thanks

I was uneasy with the bust from the begining but it is now a confirmed bad piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                  I do, apart from the details mentioned above, the "full neck fix" to the base is not typical of the way original A.H. bust where mounted/presented in their bases. Also the dark shadow "paint?" in the head hair and mustache is a big NO,NO for me.

Even the small and quite common small busts of A.H. available in the market right know are very detailed in looks and finish and the base is usually marble or fine granite in some cases.

In my humble opinion I will give this one a BIG...NO THANK YOU!!!
                  I totally agree, that detail alone is very suspiscious...

Comment

Adolf had a flatter nose not a pointy beak!!

Comment

https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X