gau honor badge 1923 cased!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gau honor badge 1923 cased!!!!

please have a look on this badge. everything ok with it?
    catch is missing......
    Attached Files

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
    please have a look on this badge. Everything ok with it?
    Catch is missing......
    Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen a cased example before and the badge looks good to me.

Comment

Badge looks good. Although anything is possible RE: a case, these badges came in a rather simple cardboard box. Although I seem to remember a blue box similar to this picture I am posting, I know have seen two or three in this exact brown striped box. It's got a gauzy cotton inside. Remember though, that this award was given via many Gauleitung, so boxes may have differed from Gau to Gau.
        Attached Files

Comment

Does anybody have ultra-high resolution close-ups they could email me, of this style of Combined Gau Ehrenzeichen? It's for my book, which I hope to submit to Schiffer at the end of November. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Very nice piece. As Erich said, I too have never seen a cased example of this badge before. Craig's note that the box or case may have varied according to which of the several Gaue issued this piece rings true for me, as well. The one difference I note between this example and the one in my own collection is the pin -- mine is the normally-seen double-looped wire and this one has just a single wire pin. Don't see any sign of the pin being replaced here, though...

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Very nice piece. As Erich said, I too have never seen a cased example of this badge before. Craig's note that the box or case may have varied according to which of the several Gaue issued this piece rings true for me, as well. The one difference I note between this example and the one in my own collection is the pin -- mine is the normally-seen double-looped wire and this one has just a single wire pin. Don't see any sign of the pin being replaced here, though...

Br. James
              The majority of the pins on these badges were the double loop style but I have also seen the single wire pin from time to time.

Comment

I believe Detlev pictured a thin pin version as well as the more often seen double pin version in his books.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X