Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Anzugsordnung book

Hello,

This book came in a lot of other items. at first glance i didnt really think much of it, but upon closer inspection it became more interesting to me.

The main thing that I want to find out is why are there numerous hand typed whole pages and clips of text affixed to certain other pages, like annotations or something?

any information would be very helpful as I havent delved very deeply into my rosetta stone software yet and don't read German yet!

The lighting does not do the cover justice as the eagle is done in some nice metallic silver ink or wash of some sort.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Macrini; 07-31-2009, 10:50 PM. Reason: added additional text

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this affixed at the top of the page over the index page, it flips up to reveal the index. could anyone offer a partial translation please? just to give me an idea of what this is all about?
        Attached Files

Comment

another one of the hand typed added pages....
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

here is one that has two added pages adhered to the original page. the book is full of these....
              Attached Files

Comment

The typed pages indicate what had changed (abzuändern) what has to be added (einzufügen) or what has to be deleted (streichen). In general the hand typed pages are corrections.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  The typed pages indicate what had changed (abzuändern) what has to be added (einzufügen) or what has to be deleted (streichen). In general the hand typed pages are corrections.

Gerdan

thank you for your reply. so when this book was issued every single copy was annotated? or did someone just correct this copy? Or what?

I'm sorry. I scoured the net and could not find another book anywhere close to it. The only thing i could find out about it was what I got out of typing some of it into the universal translator, and even then only about a third of the words translated. Is this some sort of Third reich regalia reference book made for civilians? it closely resembles some newer reference books on TR collecting except it was made in 1935.

Comment

Hi
                    very nice book
                    When was he printed? 1936?
                    Cheers

Comment

Thanks.... printed in December 1936 in Munich.

Comment

I had a look and it seems that this book is not available in any public library in Germany(!) - should be very rare!

Gerdan

Comment

A very nice book you have there Mr M.

Comment

thank you for the comments guys. Yeah you said that it's not in any public library in Germany, well after I scoured the net for about six hours I also came up with nothing.
                            Last edited by John Macrini; 08-01-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I have sent a pm to the moderator to please move this thread to the proper forum as well, it seems the message was read with no reply.... can anyone tell me how to move a thread?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X