SS-Mann - Photoshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Mann - Photoshop?

There is a photo of SS-Mann with interesting positioning of collar tabs. Some guys from one Russian forum say, that the one with headgear is a fake to publish the photo in the book. The "fake" appears in Wim Saris's book "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", Vol. 4 on page 63 (credit - Hugh Page Taylor). The photo without cap is in possesion of one that forum user. I would like to hear full information and opinions on this snapshot. Thank You all in advance.

Regards,
    Igor

"Original"

"Fake" (credit - Hugh Page Taylor)

Last edited by Transpspeer; 07-26-2009, 07:06 AM.

You can see from the tie (where it covers the right tab) that the pictures are not the same. Just looks like he had one picture taken with hat and one without.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry M. View Post
      You can see from the tie (where it covers the right tab) that the pictures are not the same. Just looks like he had one picture taken with hat and one without.
      Hello, Garry. That's the thing. I have more indications that the photos are not identical, but the guys telling me that the all can be "photoshoped". Need some background information on photo origins.

Comment

yep,definetly diff pics look at the position of the buckle on the cross strap, for someone to do this on photoshop they would have to be very clever indeed

Comment

Originally posted by stuart anstee View Post
          yep,definetly diff pics look at the position of the buckle on the cross strap, for someone to do this on photoshop they would have to be very clever indeed
          Indeed, Stuart. I've already noticed that. But some fellows have very heads. No appeals to reason work here.

Comment

Originally posted by Transpspeer View Post
            But some fellows have very heads. No appeals to reason work here.
            "Invincible ignorance and a soundproof head!" Ammersee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X