Value for Estand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value for Estand???

Here is a Hitler bust that i acquired some time back. What would be a decent price in today's market?? Thank you in advance for any help provided!
    Attached Files

bust

Attached Files

Comment

bust

Attached Files

Comment

bust

Attached Files

Comment

bust

Attached Files

Comment

bust

Attached Files

Comment

I think it is a plaster cast from an original bronze piece.
              value of this - if indeed a plaster cast - maybe $20-40?

MHO

Comment

Agree--it's a plaster copy. Maybe 20.00.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Well, last night it was put on eBay for $100 "Buy It Now" with no mention of it being a plaster copy. Here is a screen capture and link.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Political-F...d=p3286.c0.m14

Listing Description:

Up for sale is a bust of Adolf. This was bought form a veteran here in TN. I dont know much about these so authenticity is up to you?? It does have a wonderful yellow/brown tone to it and does seem to be old in my opinion.
                  Attached Files
                  Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Bust

Yes I did and did you notice its cheaper here!!! Discounted for WAF members!! Authenticity was left up to the buyer to decide because i do not know. There only 2-3 responses to it being a copy. Im unable to find one to compare to as well. It being a plaster copy and heavily reproduced i would have thought that many would be around to verify? I appreciate everyones response to this thread and respect the opinions here more than any book i could buy , i just thought this one left it undecided for me.

hdmarley
                    Last edited by hdmarley; 07-27-2009, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Bust

SOLD as well to a happy home regardless of authentic or reproduction. Thank you to all that replied and gave extra advertisment. It is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

Plaster cast IMO .Hope no one bought this in the opinion it was period ?I suppose could be a period plaster cast. However agree with the $20 valuation.

Comment

Originally posted by hdmarley View Post
                          Yes I did and did you notice its cheaper here!!! Discounted for WAF members!! Authenticity was left up to the buyer to decide because i do not know. There only 2-3 responses to it being a copy. Im unable to find one to compare to as well. It being a plaster copy and heavily reproduced i would have thought that many would be around to verify? I appreciate everyones response to this thread and respect the opinions here more than any book i could buy , i just thought this one left it undecided for me.

hdmarley
                          So how many responses did you need before you believed it?
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

hdmarley - Received your PM, which I choose not to post. For the record, nothing I have posted is inappropriate.

There were responses to the thread's request for opinions and does not matter whether it was 2 or 20 as it's quality not quantity. The two WAF members that took time to give an opinion have extensive knowledge in collecting.

Correspondingly, if their two responses had been positive in favor of the item would you have been "undecided" when you sold on eBay.

Why would one list on eBay and estand immediately after seeing a couple negative responses and then say they did not know much about the authenticity? Why not wait?
                            Last edited by Colorado; 07-27-2009, 03:34 PM.
                            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

what a tool

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X