Blood Order and Coburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order and Coburg

I've decided I'd like to collect a Blood Order and a Coburg, and expect that it will take a while to do so. Any advice is welcome. I have read and followed the various posts. Seems like there are 100's of fakes at least for every real one. By now, I would expect that the real ones should be developing a provenance, and a real one is not going to be found buried in some dealers table or listed in the classifieds. I am going to have to pay for expertise from a dealer or work within the forum. How often do they appear in auction? Any ever appear in Deltev's Friday listings (There'd be hardly any time to check it out with other members of this post). In my experience in the rolls-royce bentley owners club, the best approach is to let people within the club what you were looking for. Just like vintage Bentley owners, there's probably an elite group within the forum who know the history and location of every legitimate award.

Thanks in advance.

The chances of acquiring a genuine Coburg badge are very slim indeed in my opinion - - - just over 400 were presented. You will however find Blood Orders for sale - - - but try and obtain the so called "First Issue" - - - as this was awarded to those who took part in in the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch.

Whatever - - you will need plenty of money and beware - - - the copies are in some cases most excellant !!

Comment

Be patient - when it comes it will come.

Comment

I own both a 1st type CB and 1st and 2nd pattern BO's. The CB is by far the rarest of the bunch and expensive if you can find an original. The last original CB that I had seen at a show was on the tables of Wolfe Hardin.

Comment

Craig Gottleibs site is always worth checking out for blood orders

Comment

erm ...

Comment

The BO's that Craig had for sale in the past were original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X