Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased German Eagle Order - Need some help guys

Hi fellows,

I saw this cased eagle order, and it looks good to me, it is marked "21" and also "800". Can you tell me your thoughts about it please.
    Is it worth to spend time and money on ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Les

Attached Files

\\
    Attached Files

Comment

==
      Attached Files

Comment

[\]
        Attached Files

Comment

\\\\]\\\\[
          Attached Files

Comment

.\.\.\.\.
            Attached Files

Comment

][][][
              Attached Files

Comment

=+=+
                Attached Files

Comment

/\]\]\/
                  Attached Files

Comment

./.\/.\/.\/.\.
                    Attached Files

Comment

<.><.>
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice original.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                            Very nice original.

Tom

thanks so is the 21 an official maker ? and whats the real value of this ? thanks
                            Last edited by ApathyL; 07-15-2009, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Looks good to me also, although i dont have the swords version, just the 1 stufe. The one i have is possibly leatherette,or moroccan leather, as i am really unsure,(but mice love to chew and eat leather when real hungry, so it may be real leather) and it appears like this examples box was chewed by mice on the back in spots. Would you say thats what it looks like in person? Also...it unusual to see the covering coming undone around the perimiter...maybe it was exposed to moisture where it was stored , possibly that made it come unglued...but not sure. Right catch, but still used on other non military boxes to this day.
                              Value, ...(now i havent priced a swords version in years) BUT ID SAY ...if totally original..between 1800usd, and 3000., depending on who has it for sale , and condition. Enameling looks fairly good, eagles should all be soldered to the cross seperate, as it seems to be..But on the non swords versions I notice the marks in the ring are deeper stamped ,and the ring appears rolled to its ends down, not as cut off looking with that space(may not be any big deal ??) and the clamshell top usually has a pronounced dimple at the inside edge of each of the segments, so without seeing it in hand I couldnt say 100% if its right. The ring looks a little sloppy on the soldering at the bottom.(just an observation as that may be an optical illusion from the lighting, most likely) Clamshell details dont seem as fine as id expect. Plating seems a little bright...but it might just be the lighting.
                              This damage to the case hurts the value(as im sure you understand) ...but it is a military version , and thats less common, and not being able to touch the damaged section would you say what kind of covering material does it seem to be?..? Can you show the bottom of the box, and the inside of the box's recess where it fits in? Is this a dealer item or in the hands of a private person? Lets see what the other consensus is of the eagle order guys that collect these exclusively and have several of these versions to compare..
                              Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X