Grimminger/Hitler Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimminger/Hitler Photo

Here's an original period photo that I own showing Hitler and Grimminger at the 1929 RPT. Notice the blood stain near the Swaz. on the Blood Flag.
    Attached Files

WOW!! Really nice! What kind of paper is it on? Anything on the back?

Comment

The paper is the type photos were done in during that period and no writing on the back. I purchased this photo from a fellow collector who purchased it from a vet about 30yrs ago.

Comment

blood stain ???

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Here's an original period photo that I own showing Hitler and Grimminger
        at the 1929 RPT. Notice the blood stain near the Swaz. on the Blood Flag.
        Blood stain? It would be nice to see the flag center more close up.
        sigpic
        .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Looks like a sepia tone photo. Brown colored. I hope someday the flag is found . I wonder where they kept it during the war? That was when hitler had that brylcreem look. The top for the pole seems pretty plain. Maybe the mark may help identify it when OFW finally finds it. As long as it isnt washed, wich is never done with period flags the bloods DNA will still be there. Looks like the swas black has a few rips or tears in the black part also.
          Last edited by juoneen; 07-14-2009, 01:21 AM.

Comment

recreation

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to recreate the flag from photographs? You know, stains, rips, and holes.

Comment

Its never seen that close, and if anyone ever found it during the period, they may have thrown it away , since it was not perfect, and stained to boot, and may have been burned , or destroyed anyway. but who knows....hope springs eternal that it is somewhere out there. Old flags wanted would recognize it in a heartbeat, and what would collectors say in the 60s if they found a vet with it. They would say..."its not worth much as its torn, and has stains that look like bood on it, in fact (they may say) I dont even want it as i want a perfect one as condition determines value"! Most likely even passed on it. Thats another reason to leave things alone as found. Here some guy may show up, and say" I found this flag the other day in a vets estate, it was torn, and ripped, had stains that looked like blood on it, and so i stitched it , by replacing the center from anopther flag about the same size..., and restored it to like new....isnt it nice" Whats it worth now restored .....forum???" "didnt i do a great job?"............................................. ...you certainly did.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                Its never seen that close, and if anyone ever found it during the period, they may have thrown it away , since it was not perfect, and stained to boot, and may have been burned , or destroyed anyway. but who knows....hope springs eternal that it is somewhere out there. Old flags wanted would recognize it in a heartbeat, and what would collectors say in the 60s if they found a vet with it. They would say..."its not worth much as its torn, and has stains that look like bood on it, in fact (they may say) I dont even want it as i want a perfect one as condition determines value"! Most likely even passed on it. Thats another reason to leave things alone as found. Here some guy may show up, and say" I found this flag the other day in a vets estate, it was torn, and ripped, had stains that looked like blood on it, and so i stitched it , by replacing the center from anopther flag about the same size..., and restored it to like new....isnt it nice" Whats it worth now restored .....forum???" "didnt i do a great job?"............................................. ...you certainly did.
                ....................or maybe through a complete wash cycle with lot's of modern detergent to get rid of those stubborn stains

Comment

getting rid of those stubborn stains ???

Originally posted by MeinhardcFJR2 View Post
                  ...or maybe through a complete wash cycle with lot's
                  of modern detergent to get rid of those stubborn stains
                  Hello MeinhardcFJR2:
                  Nazi's cleaned up those stains in their postcard version.
                  sigpic
                  .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

believe me the Blutfahn is not destroyed its out there in a collection ive heard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X