X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Streifendientst

Hello,

I've had for a while, and I've not been able to find any information on
    this NSDAP Patrol Service. I don't know if is was an internal security patrol for SA and NSDAP members, or as I suspect, a Party security apparatus to control civilian surrender and defeatism by way of instant court martials and executions during the last months of the war.

The only comparison I know of would be the roving bands of SA and NSDAP
    during the finale days of the war in Berlin, as portrayed in the film "Downfall."

I would appreciate any info on this NSDAP Streifendienst organ.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Marcus

(disregard the SA pin)
    Attached Files

Close up of stamp.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is a very late war, and rather crudely made Ausweis, from the colletion of Forum Member mkbkbkrk (Mark K.)

The Party member here holds a very early party number

Mark and I both are looking for more about this organization.

Thanks!

Marcus
      Attached Files

Comment

The gorget from the NSDAP Streifendienst.

Dutch

Comment

From the Organisationsbuch 1937

Dutch

Comment

Very rare gorget, is it yours?
            https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

can anyone provide a translation from the Org book?

or at least, more or less, a brief summary?

Comment

Thank you Dutch, I appreciate your input. However, like TX-Gau, I too need a condensed translation of the text provided.

A nice gorget indeed, is the photo from a period manufacturer's catalog?

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Guys,
                  To collect German stuff means also a little understanding of the language.
                  Especially the official regulations are a source that cannot be missed in the
                  knowledge about our hobby. And also buying good reference-books is a must, and most of these are written in English. I understand the difficulty for reading the German language, but in this hobby one has to be a scholar every day to understand the complexity of the Third Reich.

The Streifendienst chapter from the Organisationsbuch 1937 goes about the behaviour
                  of the PL in public. There are strict regulations about the wearing of the uniform. Visiting certain bars and restaurants in uniform was forbidden or other bars in uniform after 24.00h etc.
                  Every PL from the Gau or Kreis could be chosen for this duty.
                  The leader of the Streifen, most of the time 3 PL, gets an Ausweis signed by the
                  Gauleiter or Kreisleiter. The patrol has permission to stop everybody in uniform and
                  ask for their credentials. They had no arrest-authority, except for criminal activity. In case of criminal intent from the uniform-bearer, the Streifen has to involve the regular police.
                  Other irregularities has to be reported to the higher NSDAP-authority.

So look at the Streifendienst der NSDAP as military police or a wall-patrol unit.

Dutch

Comment

i am fascinated by the minutiae of the NSDAP's preoccupation of propriety..

there is truly no limit as to how much of this i could ingest..the items on
                    display here suddenly surge to life with depth and background!

thank you Dutch for the summary!!

Comment

Yes Dutch, thank you so very much for explaining the purpose of this little known NS organization. I have not been able to find out anything about
                      the Streifendienst d. NSDAP over the past year, so this is really appreciated and is far more info. than I expected to find.

Kindest Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi.

I have used some time finding a similar NSDAP STREIFENDIENST gorget on this forum but I have not find any pictures of it.
                        (I could not open the pictures posted by Dutch).

So what do you think about this one ?

DeMil
                        Attached Files

Comment

Im sure these havent been faked,its such a minute area.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X