SA brown shirt loop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA brown shirt loop question

Does anyone know what these loops on my SA brown shirt were used for? The loops are just below the collar in between the first and second buttons. I'm wondering what type of award would this person have worn in this location. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Files

Im not too sure what these represent but i would doubt these were for decorations, these loops would have been directly under the SA mans tie, Sean

Comment

Loops

Although NOT regulation, some of the men in SA gruppe Niederrhein were known to wear a "bolo" style tie, featuring a thin cord, held together by a resin-encased scorpion, or large block of turquoise. These loops held the bolo tie in place while marching, camping, etc. This obvious "American southwest" style influence was short-lived, and only seen on early SA uniforms.

Comment

Must have been from SA Group 'Südwest' or Gau Texas!
        Seriously, those loops are very interesting! The first things that come to mind are either a pretied necktie with a rigid pull strap--the pull strap may have been secured by the loops so it wouldn't show, or a special, more secure attachment for a gorget.
        Occasionally you find odd snaps, cloth tabs, or loops on the early shirts, and it's a good project to try to work out what exactly they were for.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X