No announcement yet.

Hitlers Blood Order question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The prices paid from what I understand was in the mid six figures for the Brown shirt, visor, BO and GPB .

Comment

Coming Highlight of SOS:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hitlers Blood Order

The Ben Lieber grouping is certainly nice. But there was another grouping that Captain Sidney Leigh liberated from the apartment in Munich consisting of a visor, shirt with 1 IC (screwback), tie, documents, an amber presentation piece, etc. Think George Peterson ended up with it but where it went from there I do not know. Captain Leigh was a POW who was liberated at the end of the war and made his way to Hitler's Munich apartment. When I saw the collection back in the 80s, he kept it in an old battered suitcase in his townhouse in Annandale, Virginia. I still have some correspondence from him about the grouping.

Best regards,
        Bill

Comment

I received the email as well.

Well, this has probably been said before but, to me, all important items related to big personalities should arrive in a museum (in Munich or Berlin for example) rather than being in private hands...

Comment

Yes, an historic grouping for sure. Although Gottlieb claims his is the only example of AH's hat in private hands, Headgear of Hitler's Germany, Vol.III (Saris 1998) publishes pics of an identical cap (only with the pre-1937 Holters lining) owned by George Petersen as well as a wartime example attributed to J.R. Angolia.
            Last edited by Arran; 02-22-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Hitlers Blood Order

The cap that Captain Leigh had is almost identical to the cap depicted in this thread. So there are at least two caps of this style in existence and in private hands. Here is a link with pictures of the grouping that I saw: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...?f=8&p=1398916
              Another interesting fact about the tunic is that the tie is actually a clip on style that buttoned under the collar.

Best regards,
              Bill

Comment

What's the mug at the back of that photograph?

It looks more like a souvenir piece than something Hitler would have owned.

Comment

Is the expelled expert trying to get some more egg in his face ? Looks like he is on a fast going train he doesn't dare to jump off of. Full speed to fame or shame.

Comment

Since this thread is from 2009, does any one know where his blood order is now in 2014 ????? Tom

Comment

It was with SW however this now appears to be owned by Craig.
                      l.That's the engraved type, not the issue stamped type medal

Comment

Originally posted by William A. Bell View Post
                        The cap that Captain Leigh had is almost identical to the cap depicted in this thread. So there are at least two caps of this style in existence and in private hands. Here is a link with pictures of the grouping that I saw: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...?f=8&p=1398916
                        Another interesting fact about the tunic is that the tie is actually a clip on style that buttoned under the collar.
                        Well, I know a third cap of Hitler residing in a private collection - came out of the estate of one known member of the Führerbegleitkommando not too long ago.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                            Yes, an historic grouping for sure. Although Gottlieb claims his is the only example of AH's hat in private hands, Headgear of Hitler's Germany, Vol.III (Saris 1998) publishes pics of an identical cap (only with the pre-1937 Holters lining) owned by George Petersen as well as a wartime example attributed to J.R. Angolia.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that WH sold off this important Hitler grouping and would be very interested in what the selling price was!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                                Interesting that WH sold off this important Hitler grouping and would be very interested in what the selling price was!
                                Would a dealer duo with connections like WH need to sell to any other dealer to get the max out of a sale - instead of selling it directly themselves?

Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X