HJ Volkssturm Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Volkssturm Armband?

I bought this a while ago, didn't really like it when it arrived. I didn't return it, it's a long story but it took months to arrive after I paid for it. Anybody have any opinions on this one? There is a photo of a similar one in Angolias book on page 185.
    Attached Files

Close up of eagle stamp.
    Attached Files

Comment

Backside.
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up detail of backside. This armband is multi piece with stamping on the obverse.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello I have seen one other one like this .I think its fine. Most likely its a very late war piece. They were useing every thing they could find.Best regards.

Comment

Have one in my collection; looks righteous to me.

Comment

I have an example like this to. It was originally purchased from a WW2 vet. I don't think these armbands were intended specifically for the HJ, just that they used stocks of HJ armband material as that is just probably what they had on hand.

Would love to find a period photo of this band being worn.

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post

Would love to find a period photo of this band being worn.
                Me too. This one shows some glowing under UV, but burns okay, maybe that's why I don't really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
                  Me too. This one shows some glowing under UV, but burns okay, maybe that's why I don't really like it.
                  Interesting. The glowing could be a result of a few different things, perhaps some staining, it may have been washed, or it could be the reflection from the white material (it has something of sheen that can cause this).

I've yet to see fake armbands that are woven like this, but I certainly haven't seen it all.

I'm still confident yours is original wartime made and a very nice example

Comment

Thanks for all the replies gents, this one will stay in my collection for now in hopes a period photo turns up somewhere.

Comment

Any more opinions on this one? I'm going to be selling a few items (this included) so any other opinions or discussion is requested.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X