NSDAP Service Award Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Service Award Prototype

NSDAP Service Award 3rd class in Bronze along with the miniature, attached is the official "Muster" seal of the Reichszeugmeisterei.
    Attached to the cord is the seal reflecting on one side the RZM and on the other side "MPA" which stands for "Materialprufungsamt"(Materials Inspection Department).
    The prototype was distributed to the companies manufacturing the item,thus ensuring conformity.
    Rare to find with the MAP/RZM seal.

Horst
    Attached Files

Backside
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice piece. How is the cord attached to the ribbon?

Comment

Good question, the way it's presented here makes no sense.

cheers
        Peter

Comment

As the picture clearly reflects the seal string is around the ribbon of the standard medal and through the ring of the miniature medal - Does it make sense ??until one can provide me with evidence that it was done in a differene manner ,Yes if does - Now does that make sense - Just got to love those off the wall comments from the better knowers.

Horst

Comment

Hi Horst,

I'll not pick up your gauntlet . If the seal was intended for the full size cross, it would be attached through its suspension ring. What I see here is a seal for the mini only. Do you know who manufactured this mini prototype and from what time period it's supposed to originate from?

cheers
            Peter

Comment

If I might be so bold, the piece shown is not a prototype, it is a sealed pattern. These were used as the guid to that which a firm was producing. Thus each firm would submit the piece to be conciddered. They may have sent as many as 20 examples. These were examined, agreaded and the approved piece returned to the manufacturer. This is standard practice.

Proto types, or trial pieces are a totally different Ball Game.

So what we have is a standard approval for manufacturing of this cross.

Comment

I'm sorry Horst, but I think my question and Peter's comment are proper. I have three sealed Polizei Beschaffungsamt pieces of insignia and equipment that have an identification tag firmly attached to the item with a seal on the attachment twine. The pieces were prepared for distribution to manufacturers of the items: leather bandelier, fringe for band leader swallow's nest and bandman swallow's nest.

I would think the RZM would at least exert the same care as the Polizei Beschaffungsamt and securely attach the approval tag to the item being returned for production. With all the material on the RZM available from archives, someone must have found documentation of their procedures.
                Last edited by JoeW; 05-07-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I've seen several 10 year crosses in this configuration - mini on a cord and over a full-sized medal's ribbon. Unless the cord is passed through a hole in the ribbon itself, there is no way to know if the RZM MPA Muster seal belongs to the mini alone or the set. Someone could have looped the cord around the ribbon of a minty 10 year, but it is strange that I have seen several this way.

regardless, they are both nice pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X