Gorget & Armband Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorget & Armband Question

Forum Members, I came across an original TR Kyffhaeuser Bund gorget today.......It's the WW1 veterans organization with a monument and swastika at its base......This one has that emblem on it, which is enameled......The background is silver color with gilt colored flags on the sides of the emblem......The neck chain consists of gilt links which alternate between swastikas and iron crosses.......Condition is excellent, with only damage to the wool backing, which is blue in color......The guy also has an armband similar to the one shown here.......What is the going rate for these WW1 veterans organization gorgets along with armband?......Any information appreciated as usual.......Bodes
    Last edited by bodes; 04-08-2009, 06:06 PM.

Hello I dont know much about the gorget but the armband isnt worth much. these are realy common. about $25.00 to $30.00 bucks. Best regards.

Comment

Thanks Dav......Here's a similar gorget in comparable condition on Snyder's Militaria.......I don't know if the price is good or bad?......Bodes

Comment

Sorry I just dont know? I would like to say something about the site . But I wont LOL.

Comment

Snyder is THE LAST PLACE to look for pricing or originality.....A Kyffhauserbund Gorget would run in the $350.00 to $600.00 price range (IMO), but be cautious, they are being reproduced-as are just about all types of Gorgets....and artificially aged & moth eaten! If the chain is missing, the value would be even less!
          Kyffhauserbund should be good quality as they are fairly early....they were absorbed by the Reichskreigerbund in the mid-30s (as were all other veteran organizations except the NSKOV).
          Post pictures if you can...
          John G.
          Mainemiliitaria

PS- Avoid "Snyderstreasures" except for comic relief.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
            Snyder is THE LAST PLACE to look for pricing or originality.....A Kyffhauserbund Gorget would run in the $350.00 to $600.00 price range (IMO), but be cautious, they are being reproduced-as are just about all types of Gorgets....and artificially aged & moth eaten! If the chain is missing, the value would be even less!
            Kyffhauserbund should be good quality as they are fairly early....they were absorbed by the Reichskreigerbund in the mid-30s (as were all other veteran organizations except the NSKOV).
            Post pictures if you can...
            John G.
            Mainemiliitaria

PS- Avoid "Snyderstreasures" except for comic relief.....
            Thanks for the reply......In all fairness I was using Snyder's more as a way of identifying the gorget, than for pricing.......And am fully aware of his (Snyder's) reputation, which I know isn't exactly stellar........The guy who has the one I looked at, came up with a value of between $1200-1500......He says it's derived from prices he found on the internet......I would agree, $350-600 is likely a more realistic evaluation......As for originality, I have no reason to doubt its authenticity......The quality is impeccable.......And I believe they were veteran purchased pieces.....

Unfortunately photos won't be possible......However, I'd say it's comparable to the one Snyder's has shown.....Only difference is, it has a '2' on the back instead of a '1'.....I would guess that would mean it was made by C.E. Junckers.......And the material on the back is a blue colored wool felt.....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X