HJ Arm Band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Arm Band?

Is this a HJ armband. All I have seen have the swastika in a diamond.
    Thanks
    Andy

In reference to the comments by members I have added 4 more
    photos with more details. Thanks for all your help on this.

Last edited by Uhlan; 03-30-2009, 04:25 AM.

Wow I have never seen a party band converted like that. But anything is possible.This does not mean its not real. They may have had a surplus of bands and just used them. Best regards.

Comment

That's an odd looking one, but I sort of like it. I might pick it up if it was reasonable and try to research it.

Comment

I have this pic which exhibits a similar armband. I was never quite sure if this was HJ, SA, or otherwise.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a converted SA like one i posted a while back, and may have been a conversion piece to make a HJ early on when developing the youth section . I always am leary of front stamped bands of any kind personally, but i am not saying its not original. It is way crude though, as i feel they would have done a better job stitching on the strip....to be even, and not block out any part of the circle or swas.. I also feel Gefolgshaft's comments are in line...if not too dear in price , it would make a good representative piece for a band collector regardless. Few of these around , but i wouldnt pay more than ....say 50 . to 75. max . Yes id say the one in the photo is a early youth leader or subordinate attached to a youth group , sort of like a scout leader in our boy scouts in some capacity. Hope you can get it for that...beware to pay more. Unless you know for sure 100%, and someone here has one the same or similar who can advise you correctly. Interesting post...thanks for sharing..I like the photo. way cool...especially his hat.
          Last edited by juoneen; 03-30-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

It looks original fabric to me. Were does wihte stripes not used as a rank indication for NSDAP membership before they started with the colour and leaves designs? Or is this comming from the period just before the adopted the HJ diamond?

Regards, Theo
            (Wim Vangossum)
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

If you have seen the movie "The Last Drop" ( I know not a great movie) the SS officer is wearing one of these with his pre-war black uniform. I assumed it was just a case of bad wardrobe. Looks to be very original fabric and I think it has a shot. (Not the one in the movie)

Comment

In Angolia's HJ Vol 1 page 181 he states this style armband is an early NSDAP rank brassard and has no official connection to the HJ. I see the purple ink stamps on a lot of suspect items, perhaps this one was added at some point?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X