Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got two SA Sport Badges in Gold now

Both are by E.SCHEINDER.

First one is numbered 177091 and the gold looks bad. Could almost pass for bronze. Reverse is less distinct. "EIGENTUM D. CHEFS D." (the top of this is washed out on the top), "AUSBILDUNGSWESENS" in the sword on the back. Half of the "R" of "SCHEINDER" is cut off and the last "E" and "R" are washed out. Could this one be a fake? Sure looks good to me other than I wouldn't pass it in inspection.

The second one is numbered 304330 and the gold looks great. The reverse is quite distinct. "EIGENTUM D. S.A. SPORTABZ-." HAUPTSTELLE" in the sword on the back. How many of these buggers did they pass out anyway?

Are these known different types? Any thoughts? I can post pictures when that option is available. Thanks Doug
    Last edited by Douglas Kerley; 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM.

SA Sports Badges

Doug,

I was always under the impression that Gold Sports Badges had relatively low issue numbers. My Gold for example is issue number 838.

You really need to post some pictures. I realise that this is not possible at present as attachments are not enabled today.

Stan

Comment

The following text is from D. Littlejohn & C. Dodkins book “Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges of the Third Reich“. Three different issues of this badge were made. 1st Issue. (March 1934 to January 1935) “Eigentum d. Chefs d. Ausibildungswesens”. 2nd Issue. (February 1935 to December 1938) “ Eigentum d. S.A. Sportsabzeichen - Hauptstelle”. 3rd Issue. ( January 1939 to end of war ) Eigentum der Obersten S.A. Führung”. Numbering of these badges was discontinued during the war. There were well over a million of these badges issued.

Comment

Numbers?

Was that well over a million just the gold ones? I thought that only the gold ones were numbered. Do we know the high number? Doug
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Douglas Kerley; 01-30-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

That number of over a million issued badges would include all three classes bronze, silver and gilt. All officially issued badges issued prior 1939 were numbered excluding additional copies that could be purchased by the badge holders at their own expense.

Comment

Ah.

Thanks. Doug
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Douglas Kerley; 01-30-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

I was thinking that both are gold?

Now I'm thinking one is bronze? Doug

Comment

In my opinion, they are both bronze. Not like any of the gold ones I have owned or seen.
                JMO,
                Ron Weinand

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                  In my opinion, they are both bronze. Not like any of the gold ones I have owned or seen.
                  JMO,
                  Ron Weinand
                  Ron, I agree with you 100% on this. They are both bronze. Gold Sports Badges are very rare, a lot rarer than most people think. The ones I have are four serial numbers and unquestionably "gold", not just kind of gold, worn gold, faded gold, etc.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Guys

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again. Doug

Comment

these are really beautiful stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Kerley View Post
                        Both are by E.SCHEINDER.

First one is numbered 177091 and the gold looks bad. Could almost pass for bronze. Reverse is less distinct. "EIGENTUM D. CHEFS D." (the top of this is washed out on the top), "AUSBILDUNGSWESENS" in the sword on the back. Half of the "R" of "SCHEINDER" is cut off and the last "E" and "R" are washed out. Could this one be a fake? Sure looks good to me other than I wouldn't pass it in inspection.

The second one is numbered 304330 and the gold looks great. The reverse is quite distinct. "EIGENTUM D. S.A. SPORTABZ-." HAUPTSTELLE" in the sword on the back. How many of these buggers did they pass out anyway?

Are these known different types? Any thoughts? I can post pictures when that option is available. Thanks Doug
                        The first "Ausbildungswesens" is SA Sport badge typ 1, the second "Hauptstelle" is SA Sport badge typ 2 - washed out stamps at the markers are normal

By this high "Matrikel"numbers its unlikly that they are gold - E.SCHNEIDER had partially a verry light bronce - hope you understand me
                        If you show pictures i can say you more

Greetz Grave

Sorry, I havent see the second page - they are all 3 bonce and ok

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X