Clear All

1500 first pattern
    About 2700 second pattern

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
      Schoenwurf vs. Jon Fish
      18: 24

Chen, your turn?
      Ahah no competition here ! I am just a beginner and have been lucky in hunting a few Blutorden in the past 2 years

Comment

It takes a huge amount of time to find these pieces and of course good contacts. You will need deep pockets as well.

What has been the most challenging aspect to acquire these pieces?

Mil

Comment

That's true. Time is not extendable at will but the rarity of these pieces and the fact they are not really cheap make the hunt really challenging. Sometimes you manage to find the BO you dream about but then the asking price makes the deal not possible...
          The good news is that the Blutorden are still out there. And some great collections can be seen here on the WAF !

Comment

I may do an A3 paper size 3d printing of FHH if my mood comes back.
            Attached Files

Comment

In response to your question Mil, but I think it has been covered many time before on WAF; as per any collector who wishes to amass a collection it takes time, patience, some luck, persistence, dedication, sacrifice, contacts, reputation, expense, knowing your limitations and working within them, passion for the theme, good friends to keep you company along the way, understanding family, oh and more time.
              Nothing special- every collector that collects for the passion will recognise most if not all those words in the way they collect.
              Last edited by Jon Fish; 05-18-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Amen, Jon...AMEN!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Blessings, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                  In response to your question Mil, but I think it has been covered many time before on WAF; as per any collector who wishes to amass a collection it takes time, patience, some luck, persistence, dedication, sacrifice, contacts, reputation, expense, knowing your limitations and working within them, passion for the theme, good friends to keep you company along the way, understanding family, oh and more time.
                  Nothing special- every collector that collects for the passion will recognise most if not all those words in the way they collect.
                  All the right words, Jon, but to re-iterate, what has been the most challenging aspect to acquire those pieces?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                    All the right words, Jon, but to re-iterate, what has been the most challenging aspect to acquire those pieces?

Mil
                    All of it. I can’t be any clearer I’ll leave it to others to answer, over and out.

Comment

It took me over 15 years of searching (pre internet) until I found my first one. The one that that turned up advertised in 'Der Gauleiter' was already sold by the time I received my copy and called. The first one I actually bought had been spoken for, but thanks to the buyer's graciously pulling out of the sale, it came to me.
                      Interestingly, when I decided that I would never find a Coburg badge in a dealer's tray priced like an SA Sport Badge, there were 3 available from which to choose. In those days, not many people cared about Coburg badges and really didn't know what they were. So it was easier to find a Coburg than a Blood Order to buy.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

I would normally say that you are A VERY FORTUNATE MAN, Erich...but I think you already know that!

Cheers and congrats, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Just for the sake of it ! All BO 1st pattern

IMG_6074.jpg

Comment

Close-up of these 1st patterns

IMG_6075.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X