No announcement yet.

Plombage Gripper SS marked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Stephan's answer better than my own.

Comment

M3/39 is RZM manufacturer "Richard Tuemmler, Doebeln". They made the crimping tool. No idea who the SS manufacturer represented by the code on the seals is.

Comment

I have never seen any proof seal that looked anything like this. Te outline runes are not something I have ever seen before and a rune on either side of a proof is another unknownn.

I don't like anything about it.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I don't have any firm opinion one way or the other regarding originality. The RZM side of the lead seal looks like most of the original ones I have seen. I can't say about the SS side, as I think all the ones I've seen have been standard NSDAP RZM codes, not SS ones. It may be that the SS side of the die is a repro and the RZM logo side is original.

Then again, the whole thing could be an eastern European repro, but a lot of thought went into it. The blank seals and cords look proper. The engraving on the tool itself has an M3 code on it rather than just mirroring the seal impression itself - not something a faker would care to research, but maybe they are getting smarter.

Any SS guys have RZM probe sealed items to compare?

Comment

The SS runes being split like that is VERY odd.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
              M3/39 is RZM manufacturer "Richard Tuemmler, Doebeln". They made the crimping tool. No idea who the SS manufacturer represented by the code on the seals is.
              Thank you for the classification!

I found follow link in www:

http://germanmilitariacollectibles.c...1_archive.html

An excerpt from it:

RZM M4/72

The RZM number above is for the firm of Wilhelm Deumer of LOdenscheid (72) and the category M4 is for metal (M) belt buckles (4). The Deumer firm also held RZM number M5/230 for uniform parts like hooks and buttons of metal, and M9/39 for metal badges. They are still in essentially the same business today (1992) in spite of the destruction of Lodenscheid by bombing during WWII. The M (metals) categories of RZM production were M 1 - badges and insignia, M2 - subcontractors (badges and insignia), M3 - symbols, M3 - official seals, M4 - belt buckles, M5 - uniform parts, M6 - aluminium ware, M7 - edged weapons, M7 - subcontractors (edged weapons), M8 - accessories, M9 - metal badges, M10 - musical instruments, M11 - NSDAP service awards, M12 - NSDAP miniature service awards. There may have been others.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X