Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Schiesbuch

Hello.

I tried a search on the forum and the internet and could not find another example like it. Are these books hard to come by?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Inside cover:
    Attached Files

Comment

Usually they're unused when you find them, and unused they're not overly common but not really scarce either. I don't remember seeing one with much in it--can you read the stamp on the man's photo? It's not a usual SA stamp but I can't make out the lettering.
      Is there much inside the book showing his shooting practice?
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

It does have a nice photo in it.You don't see that too often

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. The book itself has no other entries written in it.

The only word I think I can make out on the stamp is the word "Reichsbahn", which doesn't make any sense to me. Did the SA do some railway protection for the Reichsbahn?

Comment

Not directly, although a Reichsbahn employee could be a member of the SA--the rank and file of the SA were unpaid volunteers, so at the lower ranks they had regular jobs. But this seems odd--looking at the cover, it seems a photo had been taken off the inner cover--can you tell if this one is a replacement that someone may have overstamped with a Reichsbahn stamp?
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
              Not directly, although a Reichsbahn employee could be a member of the SA--the rank and file of the SA were unpaid volunteers, so at the lower ranks they had regular jobs. But this seems odd--looking at the cover, it seems a photo had been taken off the inner cover--can you tell if this one is a replacement that someone may have overstamped with a Reichsbahn stamp?
              Erich

I can't tell if the picture has been replaced by looking at the inside. But a picture replacement would probably explain the damage to the front cover.
              Were pictures normally stapled in instead of glued?

Thanks.

Comment

Judging by other similar booklets, they could be pasted, stapled, or riveted.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X