Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Radio Operator's Badge

Hello.

Sorry for my poor scans, but has any one ever seen a Radio badge quite like this one?

There are stitch holes going around the outside of the badge. It also has some small moth nips on the back.

The other examples I have seen in pictures are machine-woven on a wool background.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Back:
    Attached Files

Comment

So has anyone seen one like it before?

Thanks.

Comment

I have a couple of reference books that show this badge.

Comment

Are the examples in your books made the same way? The other I have seen are Bevo weave.

Comment

I probably have the same reference books Scott does -- as I collect NSFK and have one of these badges -- but I think it is probably going to be impossible to really tell as to whether yours is original. There is so little information out there on these pieces. I must admit, though, I do like yours as well.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

I'd have to echo the others' comments, as it's a fairly obscure badge, but this one is one of the few I've seen that I'm comfortable with. Barring any evidence to the contrary, I'd buy it as an original.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X