Badge

Thank You

Comment

Badge

Is this correct, thanks Sonny
          Attached Files

Comment

Badge

Sorry for the bad pic's, the RZM circle and "63" stamp is on the right upper side of the pin,thanks again Sonny
            Attached Files

Comment

i know some of the earliest badges (type 1) were made of tin, not sure about type 2! someone will tell you!!
              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

If posted I can´t see pictures of the obverse of this badge, but what I can see in the reverse looks ok. Could you post the obverse please?.
                And Yes, there are some badges of this 2nd model made in plated tin.
                Greg

Comment

Gregorio, I posted the obverse under a seperate thread named Braunschweig Badge Type 2. A magnet does not stick to the badge,thanks Sonny

Comment

Now I have already seen the obverse. About this badge there is not only one oppinion. Somebody says these are not good, but for the most part of dealer and collector it´s OK.
                    I have never seen this maker mark on reverse. From my point of view this may be a good thing, as no known fakes came with this marks, and so, it means you have got a rarity.
                    As it´s made from a nickel-copper alloy this must not be magnetic.
                    Cheers
                    Greg
                    Last edited by Gregorio Torres; 11-28-2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Badge

Gregorio, many thanks for your time and energy concerning your response. Sonny

Comment

Badge

Please post a closeup pic of the RZM marking. Every 2nd pattern SA-Treffen badge I've ever seen was either solid aluminum (more common), or silver-colored stamped-out versions (less common). The 2nd pattern stamped-out ones are black and silver colored like antique silverplate or silverware, and were rarely marked. I also don't like the shape of the eagle's wings. I feel that it's a reproduction.

Comment

So, here you have one of these who don´t trust in this badge, as I had said.
                          Greg

Comment

badge

All of the early Steinhauer and Luck marked pieces I've seen were marked "St.&L." This was before the later "M1" designations. I don't like the way it's soldered. I don't like the gold appearance. The pin is rusty, but the badge looks mint. I'd stay away from this one.

Comment

Hi sgstandard, in Tucker and Previtera's work they list the Lieferant number 63 for Franz Klast and Sohne, Gablonz an der Neckar. Is this applicable.
                              I'm sorry but I can't get a closer pic,I'm not that good at taking pictures and it gets too blurry. The metal does appear to be some type of nickle silver with a wash that has worn off. A similar solder job is pictured in Angolia's Political & Civil Awards of the Third Reich updated version page 397. The badge in hand is struck quite nicely. I'll try to get someone to get closer pictures of the RZM circle with the number. Thanks Sonny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X