X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauleitung visor cap

Hello,

here with a Gauleitung visor cap.

As I'm thinking to sell or trade this cap; I need help to know the today value for this kind of visor!

Many thanks for your help!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 11-28-2008, 02:47 PM.
    www.alsacedirectmilitaria.com

sigpic

Interesting piece. I want to add a close-up of the interior--those are probably museum #s that have been blacked out. Also interesting in the use of the Ersatz sweatband this early, especially for this level of cap:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 11-28-2008, 02:48 PM.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This piece, imho, is a transitional one, made during the late Form 2 (M-34) to early Form 3 (M-36) period (Nov/Dec 1935 to Jan/Feb 1936), as it has characteristics of both. Silver cords with bright red Gau piping would be for the highest rank of Amtsleiter. The cords are the early style, rarely seen/used after 1935 (and have real silver in them, as this one does). Band is a Hellbraun, not the later Rostbraun, and has a noticeable pattern. Cockade is the earlier Form 2 style (Form 3 used the enameled one.) Eagle is an M-37, and in my opinion, put on by the original owner to conform to the new regulations (I'll bet there are 2 other holes under the Eagle from a smaller M-29 eagle.) At the same time, the hat does have a semi-sattelform.

In any event, I like it....
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Value is tough. There aren't that many Political collectors, and most want the Form 4 with the Feurvergoldet Mutzenkranz. Prior to the world economy going south, I would say $1500, but if you put this on the e-stand today, it probably would fetch only $800.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Nice "Gau" visor !
          Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
          - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Hello,

thanks for your help!
            www.alsacedirectmilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X