No announcement yet.

Civilian Fuess Golden Party Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pierce, glad that you can see it now and that you do not have too much money tied up in it. Telling good badges from fakes is now down to looking at these kinds of details.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Sorry to be late to the party - it looks like it has already all be said.

The overprint lines on the leaves is a dead give-away of a modern fake. The pinplate shows all the signs of a fake as well - the "C" in "MUNCHEN" is too tall and the lettering is overall too large. The numbers look individually hand-struck instead of impressed as well.

They are getting better with the enamel work on the front (yours is quite nice, but still not the right lettering of a true Fuess, which has irregular, spiky lettering and an almost square "P" in "DAP"), but the wreath and pinplate are still showing more obvious flaws.

They are nicely made and have fooled many.

Comment

Thanks for your additional much valued comments Stephen I always use your website when looking at any GPB.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Stephen for the additional info, appreciate that!

Kind regards
          Pierce

Comment

Well known fake by GPB lovers but if you don't study these badges, and you have nothing to compare, they look very convincing.

Regards, Theo
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
              Well known fake by GPB lovers but if you don't study these badges, and you have nothing to compare, they look very convincing.

Regards, Theo

You are right there Theo, had me fooled...but of course i am not an expert!

Cheers
              Pierce

Comment

Great Call-out on this copy guys....Your expertise and eye for this badge's flaws is acute. The Geocities "The Golden Party Pin" site has been a great reference, as well...Thanks to Stephen the Gold Party Pin Guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Clark View Post
                  Thanks to Stephen the Gold Party Pin Guy!
                  Thanks Bob - always happy to help out where I can and keep hard earned cash out of the hands of the fakers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X