Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 year nsdap medal

hi guys,
    any opinions on this 25 year long service award.
    these dont show up that much compared to the 10 or 15 year ones.

regards
    matthew
    Attached Files

25 year nsdap medal

close up of eagle.
    Attached Files

Comment

25 year nsdap medal

and the back
      Attached Files

Comment

imo a fake, made in three parts like the originals, but the quality isnt there, the lettering on the reverse is a tad sloppy! this is a very rare award much scarcer than the 15 year, and seldom come up for sale!!
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Totally strange, just see the back ring is out of centre:

Last edited by clevischi; 11-25-2008, 04:19 AM.

Comment

yes, well spotted
            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Take a look at the eagle and wreath also--the orignals aren't the most detailed decorations, but they have better detailing than this one.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

NSDAP 25 yr cross

I have seen this type before with an "o" on the top obverse arm just below the suspender and am fairy sure that the last one was OK.

The point regarding the reverse wreath being off-centre can be explained by it dropping off and being glued back on incorrectly. It is a common problem that these wreaths do become detached.

I would like to see better photos of this award before giving it the definite thumbs down.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  I have seen this type before with an "o" on the top obverse arm just below the suspender and am fairy sure that the last one was OK.
                  Good point Stan, i have seen this kind of mark in good ones too. New pictures could help.

Comment

25 year nsdap medal

many thanks for your valid points guys.
                    i never purchased it due to a few private worries,in my eyes the gold colour looked too sparkly and yellow(if you get my meaning)
                    also something didnt look right with the eagle,just didnt look like it deserved a place on such an important nsdap award.

thanks guys,your coments made my mind up to pass on this medal.

regards
                    matthew

Comment

25 Year NSDAP Cross

Matthew,

My cross is "sort of" similar but does not have the "o" as mentioned before. Better pictures are definitely needed to be sure.

There is a very good adage "if in doubt, do without", and I am sure you are better off saving your money and waiting for a less controversial piece to turn up.

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X