NSNAP Westmark Members Pin, Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pin was recently posted on the net for sale. I have a few doubts about its originality; the enamel is a bit iffy. However, the pin on the back looks good to me. What's your thoughts?
    Attached Files

Here's the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is a fine original & rare badge.

Unlike the NSB, the NSNAP believed in a united German Reich, with all Germanic peoples under one rule. Austria as we know was known as the Ostmark & Flanders & the Netherlands were referred to by the NSNAP as the Westmark.

Cheers
      Don

Comment

Don,
        Thanks for the fast reply. My concerns were with the pitting within the NSNAP on the front. The reverse looks very good to me. I have in the past bought a few fakes, so I am attempting to be a bit more cautious. The fakes are hard to get rid of, if you know what I mean .

Thanks again,
        Brad

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
        This is a fine original & rare badge.

Unlike the NSB, the NSNAP believed in a united German Reich, with all Germanic peoples under one rule. Austria as we know was known as the Ostmark & Flanders & the Netherlands were referred to by the NSNAP as the Westmark.

Cheers
        Don

Comment

Yes, & with most German made badges the point is a valid one. However with these Dutch & many other non German made NS badges, the quality is often lower than we are used to.

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Hi Brad,

That is a rare badge (I did not know these were also faked )

This one is from the NSNAP - van Rappard party see:

http://www.vrijwilligerslegioen.nl/NSNAP/NSNAP.htm

Here is an other one.

If you ever want to sell or trade this badge please let me know.

Best regards,

Rene
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kuifje69 View Post

That is a rare badge (I did not know these were also faked )
              LOL, an old thread i know, but i`ll be covering these as well at some stage. You didn't know these were faked? well, you are looking at a fake right here
              I realize that Don has given a good word on this, but he is very wrong, its a cheap 80s fake, and can be found all over the net, regularly. There is one up for sale right now at German war booty. A google check will reveal more cheap-os, selling at places like manions, for 150 bucks! Yep, 150 bucks for an incredibly rare badge LOL. The pin plate is the dead give away, as is the material used, as is the FONT. (and on these, as is the soft enamel) If you check sites like SNYDERS, you`ll find more of these fake foreign pins, all with the same plate.

Comment

What is not copied, you better go of it.
                I got one for sale, and after my idea is nothing to finds.
                If that be so then I would hear it.

Regards, Jan Holland

Comment

Jan, not sure i understand your post, but never mind. The badge in post 1 & 2 is a fake, the one you show is not. btw. Jamie Cross just listed another faked foreign badge, naturally with the same attachment, because it is naturally fake as well :-)

Comment

sorry Josef Fueß you do not understand me, my english is very bad.

Is the NSNAP pin of my good or bad.
                    The link you post does not work for me

Comment

Dear Josef,

How do you know the 1st one is a fake? (is it the back?)

Ps John has also one for sale for a decent price.

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

I didnt post any links in this thread? Here, the "decent" priced one at Johns - German war booty - is also a fake, same as the first one in this thread, and the same as ►THIS◄ fake from manions - sold for 150.-
                        The price on Johns site of 225.- is decent? for a fake? I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks, but if you think its OK then thats up to you.
                        Yes the reverse, the material, the font, the attachment, the enamel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Holland View Post
                          sorry Josef Fueß you do not understand me, my english is very bad.

Is the NSNAP pin of my good or bad.
                          The link you post does not work for me
                          Hi Jan, if i was going to buy one, i would buy yours. The attachment, material, enamel and font, is what i would hope to see. Your badge is not the same as the fakes on this thread, and was clearly stamped under a completely different obverse die. To my knowledge, there are not a "few" series of fakes - of these, like we have for example with many other small badges, where we find forgers using the same dies from the say the 1960s, again in 1990. With these, there are only one set of fakes that were made, all around the same time. Possibly the creator used the same dies again a few years later, but this is very easy to see. With yours, the badge is different, the writing is different, the lettering is different, and it has no warning flags at all. I also believe that you know this though hence the asking price of yours, compared to the price of others like Manions, German War booty etc..

Look at this image, the top badge is Jans, the original, which is the same as the original posted on post 6. BUT, compare just one part of it to these two fakes from post 1, and the fake at German War Booty... can you see that the die used was a different one? can you see how different the cheap fakes look? IMAGE HERE
                          Last edited by Jo Rivett; 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM. Reason: image ink added

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.
                            This is only rarely so clear answer with pictures.
                            We can certainly learn more Dutch people.

what a high price for fake pins, 10 euros is too much for fake ****

And I'm always too expensive find people

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Holland View Post
                              And I'm always too expensive find people
                              Jan, you are not too expensive here, spot-on
                              The problem is that the fakes are accepted as real for a long time, which automatically brings down the price of the originals. Because you are seeing this WESTMARK regularly, so the market value is around 100-200 on these (fakes), when if we consider how rare the real badges are, it should be much more!

This devaluing has happened to many items, and is the direct result of an abundance of fakes on the market, that become accepted as good, therefore "obviously" meaning that that item, is actually not that rare really, seeing as it is seen & offered for sale often. When in reality, the genuine items of its kind, are never, to rarely seen. It`s a shame whats happened, but i imagine that it has happened to more than just small badges, so i guess we all have to live with it and judge for ourselves, if we want to "go with the general thumbs-up crowd" and buy a rare-but fake- item for 150.-, and be happy with it because all our Internet friends say "Nice", or if we would rather invest 1000.- in the same item, but this time a genuine example, and be happy with it because we know that it is genuine. Decisions decisions...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X