political jug ss marked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

political jug ss marked.

HELLO JUST PICKED THIS JUG UP IT'S GOT EAGLES BOTH SIDES AND SS MARKED ON THE BOTTOM.MAKER MARKED IN LIGHT GREEN BAUSCHER WEIDEN 1938.I WILL TRY AND GET GET BETTER PICS .PAUL
    Attached Files

Pic2

Pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

Porcelain

Who is the manufacturer? It looks like Bauscher-Weiden. If so, they are a known manufacturer of SS porcelain. Is the bottom green logo under the glaze, or on top of it? How about a better pic of the bottom logo? I believe "SS Reich" designates that it was made for division Das Reich. All SS Reich pieces I've seen have been devoid of other insignias. It's interesting that they would adorn the piece with a political style eagle.

Comment

Porcelain

Sorry-just read your post again. Better pics would be great. Every Bauscher-Weiden piece I've seen has been dated either 1938 or 1940.

Comment

pi4

pic4 the eagle is under the glaze .
          Attached Files

Comment

pic5

pic5
            Attached Files

Comment

Porcelain

Is the "SS-Reich" logo under the glaze?

Comment

Under the glaze means nothing anymore for authentication I'm afraid.

Comment

Porcelain

Agreed - but I believe that most, if not all, of the bottom logos were under the glaze. It's something I would expect to see. I compared the logo to photos of other 1938 Bauscher-Weiden SS-Reich pieces. The small letters in "Reich" are taller and not as wide on 1938 pieces than they are on the 1940 dated ones, and your example matches that style. However, the SS runes on your example are much taller than my examples. How about a nice clear closeup of the oval Bauscher-Weiden logo?

Comment

I think Vid meant that it's not that hard to glaze over a spurious mark.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Porcelain

Please post another CLOSER pic of the logo. In the center of the logo is a "B" over top of a "W". The "W" is usually centered in the middle of the logo. Your logo appears that it's way off to the side. more pics please.

Comment

Hi

I cant help but think that both pieces are fakes. Why would two separate porcelain manufactures use two different color eagles of the same type. I just think that these two examples are proof of someone making whatever? Any other hypothesizes would be greatly appreciated.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X