No announcement yet.

Guidance on Diplomatic Insignia (group)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Julian - I'm dying to know. A creation of your friend?

RC

Comment

Alright Julian - I'm dying to know. A creation of your friend?
      im afraid not

i knew i had seen this type of eagle before,but i couldn't think where..then i had a brain wave and remembered..so i got in touch with a guy in germany..to ask for better quality pictures..i recieved the pictures today.

http://www.stephan.de/

they currently sell for 40.00 euro's

cheers

Comment

So, I'm guessing, what I'm hearing is that the Eastern People's eagle in the Diplomatic display I was shown is and is posted above, in fact, one of these?

Not surprising I suppose (in retrospect). Most of us would keep our period pieces correctly displayed - certainly, folks having some reproduction "space keepers" would tend to separate them from the authentic.

Julian, you're certainly a 'font' of information on where to secure rather good reproductions.

Thanx, Rick C.

Comment

I wonder who owns these & how much they might get auctioned for: http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.com/detail.asp?id=545

Comment

I wonder who owns these & how much they might get auctioned for: http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.com/detail.asp?id=545

item removed ?...did you save the picture from the original auction? if so would it be possible to see it please..

cheers..

Comment

Bummer but no.

Exact same insignia show here - black gala diplomatic boards with one of them having the hook on the reverse & the second board missing it. Same sleeve patch. I linked them to this thread & within one hour the photos & listing were gone.

I guess someone would like to pass them on to another owner... RC

Comment

They got more than one e-mail....

I noticed that set as well. I remembered seeing a very similar set, so I searched the forum and found this thread. Once I confirmed it was exactly the same set that started this thread I sent them an e-mail with a link.

I just looked and indeed the items have been removed. You have to give them credit for removing the set as soon as they found out they were reproductions.
                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

somebody sent me the original pic from the auction phoenixpwb mentioned ie..
                  http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.com.

cheers..

Comment

this is just a heads up....

for those that like to keep a record of known fakes..

diplomat visor eagles...

cheers.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone has a good piece if the Eastern People's metal eagle insignia? I hoping to see some good closeups of the metal variant if possible and would be very very thankful. Please.

Thank you Gentlemen.

Comment

This, you mean:
                        Attached Files

Comment

reverse

Rick C.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Rick,

Yes, that is the type sold by WWII Products. They had the double split pins, on the reverse. Note the poor attempt at plating, attempting to look aged.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

In Angolia's In The Service of The Reich, the chapter on Headgear of the Diplomatic and Government Officials, on page 128, he clearly shows an eagle having this "double split pin" attachment system.

His note is "Stamped gold-colored metal national emblem as normally worn on te Group IV and white topped visor caps."

Is he showing a fake here Bob?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                                In Angolia's In The Service of The Reich, the chapter on Headgear of the Diplomatic and Government Officials, on page 128, he clearly shows an eagle having this "double split pin" attachment system.

His note is "Stamped gold-colored metal national emblem as normally worn on te Group IV and white topped visor caps."

Is he showing a fake here Bob?

Rick
                                I have not seen one of the diplo tomback double-pronged in a long time, so I will defer to others. I recall the WW2 Inc. examples being cast and malleable--too much lead in the mix.

However, such an eagle was authorized by the Generalgovernement (NOT the RMBO). Here is one such example:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X