Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please on this item

Hi everyone,
    Just picked up this the other day, but I am not too sure if it is the real deal or not. Opinions on it most welcome .

Many thanks in advance....

Regards,
    Belinda
    Attached Files
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

back view
    Attached Files
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Overhoff & Cie Adler Visor Insignia

Hello Belinda, I am sorry that no one else has replied to your thread and can only presume that this is because it is a difficuly Adler to identify. As you know in the majority of cases Eagle heads look to the right.
      This insignia appears to be one a mid period NSDAP, the RZM registration number is the code for Overhoff & Cie Ludenscheid. The insignia is quite a scarce variant and would have been the type worn on a high ranking officials. If I stand to be corrected by perhaps a more enlightened WAF member at the very least we should acheive an accurate description.
      regards Martin
      Last edited by Martin Harding; 10-06-2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Many thank's Martin for replying to my thread. Nice to see that this thread hasn't gone unnoticed, as I was starting to wonder that this was the case.

regards,
        Belinda

Comment

Very nice detail on that and it certainly appears to me to be a finely struck original, whatever organization it was meant for. You might have better luck posting it in the political organizations forum if you are looking for an ID.

Comment

Many thanks Chris for taking the time to reply. I will go and post it in the political organizations forum and see if I have more luck there.

regards,
            Belinda

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X