Unknown Tunic Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Tunic Help

Hi, Sorry I posted this in a couple of different threads but, I am looking for help with a tunic. I am hoping I hit the right area where some members with some expertise can help me out. Here is the original link to it in the Wehrmacht Uniform section.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=314123

There are two pages of photos. Feel free to comment on either thread. I will move the photos to this thread if needed and you feel it belongs here. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Dennis S; 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM.

Hello Dennis,
    A few years ago i was shown a near exact tunic by a lady in Potsdam, the tunic was moth eaten badly, she said the tunic belonged to her husband who died some years before, he was a customs official during the war and they lived in a place called Zeschdorf, Zeschdorf is certainly near to the Polish border so maybe she was correct, hope it helps Sean

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
      Hello Dennis,
      A few years ago i was shown a near exact tunic by a lady in Potsdam, the tunic was moth eaten badly, she said the tunic belonged to her husband who died some years before, he was a customs official during the war and they lived in a place called Zeschdorf, Zeschdorf is certainly near to the Polish border so maybe she was correct, hope it helps Sean
      If its a stripped TR era customs (zoll) tunic, it would have ;
      (1) traces of a cuff title on the left sleeve, like this one in my collection...Does it?
      (2) traces of rectangular collar tabs...(like Heer)
      (3)Customs also usually has dark green edge piping along the front + cuffs..as depicted here...
      (4) also 9 out of 10 customs uniforms have slip on shoulderboards, sew in style was rare...
      are there traces of loops for slip ons?

Unless its somekind of early Weimar customs tunic???
      Nick
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 10-03-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Nick, No cuff title or any other insignia. Remember when I first obtained
        it 25 years ago it was unissued brand new condition. After trading it off, it made its way back home with the SD insignia attached. Which I removed except for the shoulder boards so far. The tunic never had loops either.

Comment

The tunic i saw had no turn up cuffs, sorry i cant add anymore, Sean

Comment

Sean, Thanks for your input

Comment

Nick , yes similar cut without French cuffs and collar clips.

Anyone else out there in the know

Thanks

Comment

MY vote is Zoll - Grenzschutz (customs) woolen field tunic (so no green piping), possibly an officer's pattern eventhough it lacks French cuffs...
                or otherwise something early post war (Forestry or police?)
                If it has traces of a removed customs cuff title I would restore it as a customs field tunic!
                Nick

Comment

I agree with NickG, it seems to be post-war West-German Zoll Blouse...

Comment

Originally posted by lbsr View Post
                    I agree with NickG, it seems to be post-war West-German Zoll Blouse...
                    Nick said it could be a Zoll Tunic or postwar.

Do you have a photo one in wear that you can post.

Comment

Nick - your foot is grody lookin'...

Comment

Originally posted by sdkfz247 View Post
                        Nick - your foot is grody lookin'...
                        Yeah... I should have cropped it...oh well! Happy Halloween! It's around the corner!!!

Here's the uniform that started this thread...Compare with next post!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 10-19-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

zoll

Here's a war time picture that appeared in the photo section recently. Image credit goes to WAF member nicoo from Buenos Aires who posted it!
                          Appears to be Zoll beamten (customs officials). Looks like the same style uniform, many with folded open collar! Its interesting that they lack Zoll RFV cuff titles which did happen occasionaly. Image is from 1940.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 10-26-2008, 11:16 PM.

Comment

That looks like a bingo to me, thanks Nick. It pays to research. Same amount of buttons , collar just pressed down. Mine has no collar hooks and it makes sense to me.

Comment

Does this mean my old lady from Zeschdorf was in fact correct?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X