Opinions Please About This Gau Badge Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Please About This Gau Badge Please

I Just Moved And Came Across This Medal I Have Had It For About 25 Years. The Pin Looks To Have Been Replaced. What Do You Think Of This Badge? I Bought It From A Collector Who I Have Known For 30 Years And He Assured Me He Had Owned It For 35 Years Before That.i Have Never Seen Another One To Compare It Too.thanks Stephen.
    Attached Files

Front

Front
    Attached Files

Comment

Back

Back
      Attached Files

Comment

From what I can see, it appears to be a nice badge!

Comment

Does Anyone Out There Have One Of These To Compare?

Dear Leroy, Thanks For Your Opinion. Do You Or Anyone Else Out There, Have One Of These To Compare Too. Thanks Again, Stephen.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm afraid I don't right now, but I'm sure someone here will.

The pin is reminiscent of the one found on the Ostvolk awards, 1st class.

Comment

Wartheland Gau badge .....
              https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                The pin is reminiscent of the one found on the Ostvolk awards, 1st class.
                I think that's because it's just that..............an Ostvolk pin.

Looks to me like a repro, with an original pin attached to muddy the waters.

Originals of these are EXTREMELY rare, with different rivets, better metalwork and are usually numbered.

One internet site currently has a Souval copy of one of these badges selling as a copy at almost £500 GBP!

Comment

I hear that a book will be coming out soon on Gau Badges. It should bring more information on these scarce badges.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                    I think that's because it's just that..............an Ostvolk pin.

Looks to me like a repro, with an original pin attached to muddy the waters.
                    Robin,
                    Well, then, if you say so, a nice REPRO badge!
                    Can you show us a real one for comparison?
                    Best,
                    Leroy
                    Last edited by Leroy; 09-01-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Detlev's book on page 324. A scan probably wouldn't do it for you. As stated earlier, different pin similar to that of the golden party badge with a laid over hinge like a kreigsmarine, and nice donut rivets, numbered.
                      Once a dealer showed me a box he said he just purchased and didn't have time to look through it yet??? So I did and there was one in there. It was very impressive and old looking. But I wasn't born yesterday... John

Comment

Jamz.
                        Thanks for the page reference. I see what you mean. Interesting to compare to the construction of the Sudetenland badge on the same page.
                        The enamel on the badge shown in this thread is pretty good for a copy as old as this one is.
                        Interesting discussion here for collectors of political badges:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Wartheland+Gau
                        Leroy
                        Last edited by Leroy; 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Gau Wartheland Badge

Stephen,

The badge you show at the start of this thread does not compare in quality with original pieces.

Here is my badge which is shown on Leroy's link:

Stan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gau Wartheland Badge

Reverse:

Stan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Stan Yours Is Beautiful!

Dear Stan And Leroy, Thank You So Much For Your Input And Posts.the Great Thing About Collecting German Ww11 Items Is, The Quality Of The German Items.do You Think If I Cleaned My Medal It May Have Some Gilt Left Underneath? It Is Knowhere As Nice A Quality As The Real One You Have Stan, But It Has That Aged Look And Will Make A Nice Display Copy. Here Are The Same Shots To Compare. Cheers, Stephen.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X