Silver Nazi Party Necktie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Nazi Party Necktie

I was in an antique shop last week in BC, and I saw a silver-grey coloured Nazi Party necktie in one of the cabinets. The fabric was made in such a way that it you could see swastikas in it but they were of the same thread. I didn't get any photos or even ask to have it taken out of the cabinet but I could probably secure some photos if there was demand for some. I wasn't able to find anything like this tie on the internet. Would anyone out there have links to a similar tie or any more information on this one ex.) price etc.?

regards and thanks in advance,

Andrew

Are you sure it was a "nazi party" necktie? The swastika was used as a good luck symbol by many countries long before the NSDAP adopted it; it might be a civilian piece from the 1920s (just a possibility ).

Comment

Im not exactly sure. I was told it was a nazi party tie. I should have checked the back to see the maker/date etc. The swastikas were the nazi way though- the good luck swastika is the other way around. You may well be right though.

thanks!

Comment

No Organization Wore Such A Tie. If Anything, It Is A Commercial Product Made During The 3rd Reich. The Dealer Has No Idea What He Is Talking About. Value To A Collector-nothing.

Comment

The swastika in all its forms and directions was in common use long before the Nazis.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great card Chris - do you know the origin of it? (time period)

Thanks.

Comment

I think the card dates from between 1900- 1935 when the swastika was really very widely used as a good luck symbol in the USA.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X