Unidentified Party Badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unidentified Party Badges?

Bad pictures taken at night. My question is not if they are real but what are they and what are their value? One badge is labeled "HEIM INS REICH" which translates to "home in reich" and appears to be attrubtable to Luxembourg in 1940. Another is labeled "D.V.G. WESTMARK (LOTHR)" and the 3rd is DVJ which I am sure is a HJ badge of some sort. Appreciate any clarification. I haven't seen these before so are new to me and have no references. Thanks for the help. What are they and what are they worth? I like these type of badges due to quality and MM's although typically not valuable.
    Richard
    Attached Files

Your comments re Luxembourg are correct re the Heim ins Reich badge. More often than not it is simply lumped together with German NS membership badges. This is possibly due to it's inaccurate description in Cone's book "One People, One Reich, Enameled Organizational Badges of Germany 1918 - 1945" attributing it as a badge for Germans living outside their homeland.

It is is in fact the membership badge for the Volksdeutsche Bewegung (VDB), a Luxembourg fascist party formed in 1940 by Professor Damian Kratzenberg. This party was the only authorised political organisation allowed by the German occupiers. In 1942 a report by the Germans noted that it had in excess of 69,000 members.

The badge can be found with a variety of maker marks.

The Westmark is a more controversial badge, believed to have been worn by members of the Volksdeutsche community in the Alsace or Saar regions of France. It has been heavily faked.

The DJV is the first pattern badge used by the Deutshes Jungvolk, it was only used for a very short period of time, maybe just a year or so before the letter "V" was removed from the design.

May we see the reverses please?

Cheers
    Don

Comment

Thank you Don. That is the answer to part of the question. Here are the images you asked for taken in full sun.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rfleming32; 08-10-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Home
        Attached Files

Comment

S&l
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rfleming32; 08-10-2008, 09:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi:
            All original. Sometimes the oval pin plate throw's me but the fakes so far have the clipped ends. The maker marks on yours seem impeccable. IMHO John

Comment

Another example of the DVJ by Assmann
              Attached Files

Comment

Would these go for $100 each plus or minus? I have broused some dealer sites and cannot locate any like these that are on the market. Mostly just NSDAP membership and HJ shooting awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                  The Westmark is a more controversial badge, believed to have been worn by members of the Volksdeutsche community in the Alsace or Saar regions of France. It has been heavily faked.
                  The DVG, Deutsche Volksgemeinschaft was funded the 27/08/1940 in Metz. It was only for the annexed part of Lorraine (Lothringen), the former french "département de la Moselle"(in Alsace, it was the Opferring). As Volksdeutsche, the people of this aera couldn't join the NSDAP, the DVG was a "sas" to it. To join the DVG was almost an obligation, those who refused could be expulsed to France. The 29/08/1942, the Gauleiter Bürckel affirmed that 98% of the people of Moselle are members of the DVG. The NSDAP in Moselle was funded the 30/08/1942.
                  "Uniform" was black trousers, white shirt and black tie.

Comment

pic of one of these guys last week on ss forum in a set of pics.oops made a mistake it was the danish SA pic but similar uniform white shirt black breeches tie take a look if ya want.
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=387836

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X