• Show
Clear All

blood order

hi guys , any thoughts on this one?cheers Terry
    Attached Files

reverse side
    Attached Files

Comment

The BO looks original but the box and ribbon maybe reproductions.

Comment

I agree with ErichS; good Blood Order but fake box and ribbon.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

I know I saw this medal some where. This one's on Lakeside Traders Site and he states the box and ribbon are fakes but the medal it self looks good.

Comment

Being a second pattern Blutorden, even if the case were original, it would not be the correct case for 'this' order.

From these pics the ribbon and case sure do look like reproductions. The order itself looks to be in remarkable condition...

What's the asking price?

Rob

EDIT: I just found the BO on Paul's site, and the case and ribbon are definitely reproductions, just as stated in the listing. He did quite well on this one. $5K for a ribbon-less 2nd pattern. Not bad, Paul!

Rob
            Last edited by Rob Johnson; 07-14-2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
              Being a second pattern Blutorden, even if the case were original, it would not be the correct case for 'this' order.

From these pics the ribbon and case sure do look like reproductions. The order itself looks to be in remarkable condition...

What's the asking price?

Rob

EDIT: I just found the BO on Paul's site, and the case and ribbon are definitely reproductions, just as stated in the listing. He did quite well on this one. $5K for a ribbon-less 2nd pattern. Not bad, Paul!

Rob
              yep i should have put that the case and r ibbon were stated as repro but i was pushed for time still as always you guys are on the ball , i am chuffed with this one all i have to do is pay for it now

Comment

Congratulations! Not many collectors own an original type 1 or 2 Blood Order. That's a beauty--I might have owned that one in the past--I'll have to check my files.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                  Congratulations! Not many collectors own an original type 1 or 2 Blood Order. That's a beauty--I might have owned that one in the past--I'll have to check my files.
                  Erich
                  that would be great Erich

Comment

Congrats on your purchase Terry and I agree that not many have a BO of either type in their collections.

Comment

Terry congratulations that's an absolute pristine looking example of these type of medals, any details on the original owner ?

On the research side of these medals are they hard to research the original recipients ?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        Terry congratulations that's an absolute pristine looking example of these type of medals, any details on the original owner ?

On the research side of these medals are they hard to research the original recipients ?
                        no details i m afraid , will try and research it at some point

Comment

nice find terry

Comment

how many of both types of blood orders were originally made?

Comment

About 4100.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X