SA armband on E-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA armband on E-stand

Hi, anybody know what this armband represents? i cant find any reference of it in any of my books, Peter Manzie is selling this piece, PLEASE NOTE - this question is purely for knowledge not judging its originality, cheers Sean
    My first thought was Reserve SA due to the white borders top and bottom..
    Last edited by luftwaffe blue; 07-10-2008, 09:04 AM. Reason: edit

I would be interested to know what armband it actually is aswell. I have noticed that the price has gone down also.
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

As its now sold heres the armband..
      Attached Files

Comment

Certainly well made, but I don't have any period or recent reference with this pattern armband.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Indeed, well made! I'm curiuos about the story behind this design???

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hello being that is an orange band could it be for a forien volinteir? At a higher level? Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dav View Post
              Hello being that is an orange band could it be for a forien volinteir? At a higher level? Just a guess.
              Dav,
              The band is not orange in the sense of a true orange. It is kind of red-orange. I think a lot of the nazi period cloth tended to be more toward the red orange spectrum rather than deep red.
              Peter

Comment

Hmm The party bands that I have are Red. Or maybe its just me .

Comment

Originally posted by dav View Post
                  Hmm The party bands that I have are Red. Or maybe its just me .
                  Well Dav, maybe your right and this is actually an orange "forien volinteir" armband.
                  Peter

Comment

I sent a scan to a German friend who is"in the know with NSDAP items" as it where, and hes stumped too, he thought Reserve SA also at first glance, Peter, does the person who bought it from you have any ideas? Sean

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                      I sent a scan to a German friend who is"in the know with NSDAP items" as it where, and hes stumped too, he thought Reserve SA also at first glance, Peter, does the person who bought it from you have any ideas? Sean
                      His only words were " I'll take it"!!!
                      Peter

Comment

Been suggested early Staffelfuhrer from the SS?
                        PETER HAS SENT ME A PRIVATE EMAIL ASKING ME TO MOVE ON, AND NOT ASK ANYMORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ARMBAND - I RESPECT HIS WISH
                        Last edited by luftwaffe blue; 07-11-2008, 04:24 PM. Reason: peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X