Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK- Leader, Mercedes radiator ornament

Hello Guys,
    Just wanted to get some more info on this item I have in my collection.
    I was told it came from a Staff NSKK Mercedes Radiator cap ornament. Its maked D.R.G.M. at the base.
    What are your opinions of this item?

All comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

-wagner-

Mercedes radiator ornament

Hello Wagner,

I can only say that this item is not used on a Mercedes-Benz car!!

I have seen some other ornaments on Mercedes-Benz cars but with Eagles and Swastikas you must think on modern items.
    Of course it is possible that your item is original , but I am sure that it was not a item on a Mercedes-Benz .

Hans

Comment

Hi Wagner-
      I Would Agree That The Mercedes Emblem Would Have Been Eft In Place. I Doubt This Is A Radiator Cap Ornament. I Am Attaching Photos Of A N S K K Desk Ornament Which Is Similar To Yours. I Have Two Concerns With This Piece. First, There Are No R Z M Markings Unless On The Underside. The D R G M Markings Are Inappropriate. Secondly, There Seems To Be A Lot Of Pinhead Size Holes In The Eagle, Which Would Indicate Sand Casting, Which I Would Not Consider The Way A German Company Would Have Molded Such An Item In The 3rd Reich Period.
      Attached Files

Comment

Close Up
        Attached Files

Comment

Bob, it's interesting to look at the base for your NSKK ornament..the marble base is actually for a hollow cast bronze bust, the type with the narrow tapered neck that tapers to an attachment point, unseen from the front..considering the size of the ornament in relation to the base, this was the original intended usage, though i am sure the items were married during the period..

Comment

Doug-
            Interesting Observation. Your Thoughts Indeed May Be Correct. It Was Definitley Put Together During The Period. One Thing For Sure, It Won't Tip Over Easily!

Comment

here's mine

the same pattern eagle sold in this website
              http://www.od43.com/NSKK_Eagle_Vi.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X