Deutsche Wehrmacht armband for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Wehrmacht armband for review

I know nothing about armbands, but I just received a box of items to sell. Is this a good one, and what is it worth? Almost all of the items I will be posting on the forums will end up on the e-stand. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Rear view
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it. Sorry.

For 'bobcam1' - The lettering should be embroidered, not printed. I don't like it because it is probably a reproduction. I imagine that the white threads will glow under a black light. In fact, the edge shouldn't even be sewn. Here's a real one - note the difference in the fonts. Reproduction brassards will frequently be found using a font that is more 'old English' than the correct 'Gothic'.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DZR; 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

People USED to post opinions about items, when a request was made to do so, and they actually used to tell people WHY they didn't like an item. I used to enjoy reading those opinions, because it helped the person who made the request, and it also increased the knowledge of all of us who were lacking in that department.

I get nothing from a post that simply says "I don't like it", and neither does the person asking for an opinion. Is it just that you don't like it because it's not your taste?....Because it's not a flattering color for you, or because you find something wrong with it? I know that I'D like to know.

Bob.
        I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

I haven't seen a billion armbands, but this one sticks out as having an unusual 'bold' font. the stitching also seems more spread apart and an off-shade color.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Hello these are pretty common.They sell from $30.00 to $40.00. The reason I dont like this one is that the material and the print look new,But it appears some one has tryed to age it by putting alittle rusty stain to it. If if was going to have that rusty stain look it would seem to me that the mateial and the print should also be faded a little bit. Just an opinion and best regards.

Comment

Hello,

No "expert" but this amband seems a little suspect.
              Most I have seen are woven rather than printed; and the colour of this item is very "bold", not one I would have in my collection.

Very best regards,

John.

Comment

Another Product Of The 4th Reich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X