Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_b5140b6e634b021c074668276e66c780ea94b93064f3649d, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 SA Brigadefuhrer tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Brigadefuhrer tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Brigadefuhrer tunic

I have been looking for a nice SA brigadefuhrer tunic for awhile now and found this example on an auction website here in the states. With the auction coming next week, does this one look like a winner? Unfortunately there are no other pictures on the website of the interior so it isn't possible to see inside of the tunic. It looks ok to me but I thought I would ask before I place a bid. I am estimating the value of a good one at about 4500. If that is way off base please let me know and thank you kindly for your assistance.

Best regards,
    Pat
    Attached Files

First impression,
    To be honnest, I don't know a lot of SA Brigade-Führer with wool cloth tunic.
    This were officer with money, and usualy the uniforms are tailor made in high quality trikot cloth.
    So I would say, a EM/NCO regular RZM made tunic restaured with Brigade-Führer insignia.

With only one pic.... really difficult to give an realistic opinion

But who knows, all is possible ...

And if the insignia and tunic are original, why not.
    How many, with original sewn insignia and true provenance tunics do we know ?
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 05-30-2008, 12:42 PM.
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

I agree with Pascal. In addition, the tunic has the late pattern tabs. There are only 1 or 2 photos of these in actual wear, because (we assume) by the time they were introduced in 1944, there were more pressing problems than transporting new tabs around the Reich. I think your estimate of the value of a genuine General Officer tunic is close, but it's very difficult to find a bona fide example. They're rarer than an Army General's tunic, for example!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you very much. I will ask for some pictures of the interior and post them here if I am able to get some. Maybe this will be able to help us make a better determination. Mohawk arms is auctioning the tunic so I reckon it will have some type of return policy.

Comment

SA Tunic

The use of collar piping was discontinued in late 1940/1941 for all ranks. The only exception was Chief-of-Staff. The only photograph I could find with these 1944 Brigadefuhrer tabs being worn, shows the tunic WITHOUT collar cord. Other photos dated 1943 also show high ranking officers without collar cord. If it was a short overlap period, then .....maybe. But you'd be expected to believe it took a Brigadefuhrer 3 or 4 years to conform to regulations. Extremely rare uniform + uniform discrepancy = Ix-nay on the unic-tay (Stay away)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X