Small iron eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small iron eagles

This is the 2nd one of these I have found..most recently coming from the D.C. area and my first was local in the Cleveland area.

Does anyone recognize what exactly these are? It would appear they were affixed to something-but not by bolts/screws like the large eagles.

The 'long time' collector friend who I bought my first from told me a story that they adorned the tombstones of party members, but all I have to prove that is a story.

I haven't compared them but they might be slightly different. There isn't a ton of detail, but the use of iron and the appearance of these eagles for outdoor use wouldn't make that a concern for me. No apparent markings.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

there is no maker mark on the reverse?

any indication of how it was hung at all on the back?

pretty neat looking and thanks for posting.

Comment

The cast iron and aluminum examples with poor detail are considered to be reproductions. There is an original for sale on the e-stand:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=291306
      You can see how detailed the originals are. I hope you didn't pay too much!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

so were these intended to be a reproduction of the one that is up for sale now?

The backs are completely flat and there is enough light rusting (oxidation) that these have to be from the 60s at earliest.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X