Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fliegertechnische SA.

Hi all,

as a Luftwaffe guy, I do not usually come to this forum, but I do have a question - I have a pair of Y-straps, named to a unit called "Fl.T.SA 1. Komp". Found out that it's Fliegertechnische SA, but that's about it.

Anyone here can tell me more about these units? Function? Where? When?

Thanks,
    Frank.

Between 1931-33 the SA had flying units, this was to enable para military flight training..outwardly they looked like sports flying clubs.
    They wore winged propellers on the collar tab sometimes behind the unit numbers..SA and SS officially split in 1934 and the SA maintained their flying units in unison with the DLV.
    In 1937 the NSFK was formed and SA personnel were transferred into this unit or returned to the General SA...hope this helps Sean

Comment

Sean,

thanks for your prompt and informative answer.

I think then that the markings (not the straps!) are bogus - the straps are marked "Mafisto, Glauchau, 1937". If the Fl.T.SA was disbanded in 1933, I would not expect these markings to be around on a pair of straps from 1937, right?

Thanks,
      Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Schneider View Post
        Sean,

thanks for your prompt and informative answer.

I think then that the markings (not the straps!) are bogus - the straps are marked "Mafisto, Glauchau, 1937". If the Fl.T.SA was disbanded in 1933, I would not expect these markings to be around on a pair of straps from 1937, right?

Thanks,
        Frank.
        FRANK-
        POSSIBLY, THERE IS ANOTHER MEANING FOR THE MARKINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE S A.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
          FRANK-
          POSSIBLY, THERE IS ANOTHER MEANING FOR THE MARKINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE S A.
          Bob,

any idea then what it could be? I always assumed it would be Fliegertechnische SA, only thing that made any sense according to 'the Books'.

The "1. Komp" at least shows a (para-?) military background to it. I am not that familiar witht he organisation of SA, SS or any other political units, but were they also set up like the Heer (Zug, Kompanie, Bataillon etc.)?

Thanks,
          Frank.

Comment

Frank-
            I Wish I Could Be Of Help, But I Can't.

Comment

Frank,
              The Flieger SA had Fliegerstaffel,Fliegersturme and Fliegertrupps, i cant find any reference to Kompanies and bearing that in mind the markings may not be SA.
              The SA markng you have, could the S be for Staffel(Squadron)? Sean

Comment

Sean,

could be..... I don't rule anything out anymore.

I opened up a thread on the "order of Battle" forum, referring to this, to see what other possibilites are out there. Will take a picture and post it there.

Looking at the 1937 production stamp and the 1933 demise of the Flieger SA I don't see these belong to this unit.

Thanks again for your help, all of you.

Frank.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X