Another N P E A Cap Variant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another N P E A Cap Variant?

This Cap Just Arrived In The Mail. It Is In The Style Of The Other N P E A Visor Caps I Have Posted. However, This Piece Has A Dark Brown Top And White Piping. There Also Was Never Any Form Of Chin Cord Mounted On This Cap. It Evidently Was An Issue Cap, As It Has Two Seperate Names Written On The Backside Of The Sweatband One Scratched Out. Further, In The Political Schools, White Piping Was Utilized For Students. From The Shape, I Would Place The Manufacture Of This Hat To Be Between 1934-1836.
    Has Anyone Out There Ever Seen This Form Of Hat Before? If So, Does Anyone Have Any Information On What It Is?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

" Uniformfabrik Franz Fiedler Saarbrucken 3 "
      Attached Files

Comment

Names On The Reverse Of The Sweatband
        Attached Files

Comment

Bob, can't tell you about the organisation, but the hat is 100% TR--what a stunner! (I think you have now cornered the market on all NPEA visor variations....)
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

very interesting, no chin strap???

I would put it in your NPEA area. What schools were running at the time for Foreigns? Do you think it could be for one of those?

greg koepp

Comment

Bob, I can't get enough of this hat--I demand a "class portrait" of all your NPEA's together!
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Bob, I can't get enough of this hat--I demand a "class portrait" of all your NPEA's together!
                HERE ARE THE FOUR TOGETHER-ALL COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IN CONSTRUCTION AND COLOR. MAYBE, SOMEDAY BEFORE I DIE THERE WILL BE A SOLUTION AS TO WHAT THESE ARE. OF COUSE, I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE TO SEE THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES. TWO IMPOSSIBLE DREAMS.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bob--Fantabulous! Amazing how much variety there is with these caps. Like you, I hope that some day we can discern the reason for all these variations. Thanks for posting some morning "eye-candy"....
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X